Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HTTP 500 Internal Server error

Bogie1943

Practically Family
Perhaps it's your server or their server, give it time and it will be back up and running, it is something only the administrators can take care of at this point.:cool2:

kent

New in Town
500 errors means the server is running, but the app... such as your bulliten board is broken somewhere. My guess is it worked, and somebody decided to fix it, hence the 500 error =)

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
COW's achilles heel has shown itself again. Only John or David will be able to fix this one. The real answer is get a better server.

That is one reason for the decision to go this route with The Fedora Lounge. I am on the same server as Raider.net and it is never been down.

I am sorry that COW is down.....but I would be less than honest if I said I didn't know this would happen again one day....and that this place would get a lot more traffic. Is that heartless or selfish? I hope it doesn't come across that way. I just have seen COW go down so many times and all of us go through withdrawls.

That my friends is why this place was created.....to be a refuge in times of trouble, an oasis to those who come to COW looking for fellowship only to find the COW gone and the barn boarded up with a big sign saying closed. Come on in good people! This is the land of the free! The home of the brave. TO BOLDY GO WHERE NO MAN HAS........huh? Oops! Sorry. I got a little carried away there.

Drinks are on the house!:beer:

Michaelson

One Too Many
The current 'guess' is it's from all the screengrab downloads that were placed on the site this week from the release of the Indy trilogy. I guess, once again, we sit back and await the server gods.:rolleyes: Regards. Michaelson

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
Yeah, I posted quite a few there, but wouldn't that be pulling from my own webhosting bandwidth, rather than IG's?

LNBright

New in Town
Hey, what can I say, I work for the state!

I come in to the office and refill my coffee mug that I drained on the drive to work, fire up the computer, and then open up two bulletin boards, COW and D-web.... After I catch up on what all was posted between the night before and the morning, then I can begin to work.... :)

So, when I fired COW up and hit a 500.... well, let's just say that I hit it "several" times before it occurred to me to try to find this board via other routes.... :D

-Leslie

Michaelson

One Too Many
I work for the State too, but when I hit it once, I KNEW I'd seen THAT message before, and moved on to other things.:confused: Regards. Michaelson

mmarosy

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by Michaelson
The current 'guess' is it's from all the screengrab downloads that were placed on the site this week from the release of the Indy trilogy. I guess, once again, we sit back and await the server gods.:rolleyes: Regards. Michaelson

That was just supposition on my part. I wonder if it may also be due to greater traffic since the DVDs. The error I got wasn't the 500, but a bandwidth error, which would indicate either too heavy traffic, or too much stored on the server, which is why I thought it might've been pics... but then again, it is just pointed back to someone else's host server, so I'm thinking it might be traffic.

Mike

LNBright

New in Town
I work for the State too, but when I hit it once, I KNEW I'd seen THAT message before, and moved on to other things.

Yeah, but you knew that it'd happened before! :D

I'm a reborn COW newbie, hadn't been hanging around in recent times, I didn't realize that it was a chronic issue.....

Necessity is the mother of invention, and google helps you find it..... :)

-Leslie

mmarosy

One of the Regulars
Just spoke with John. It's probably a combo of all the large screen grabs and high volume of visitors. He said that even though they point back to individual servers, there's still some memory used up by the images... so when it gets back online, I think we'll have to restrict the size of images being posted.

He's got an email into the service provider now.

Good news is nothing should be lost.

Mike

mmarosy

One of the Regulars
John just sent me this reply:

The problem is the bandwidth and not the server. Apparently the account was not changed when I upgraded, and is being goverened due to exceeding the bandwidth quota.

Once this is rectified, we'll have some further news posted for you at COW.

Jsoftz

New in Town
Now of course, I don't know anything about COW's hosting service, but isn't your bandwidth restored at the begining of the month? Like you get so many gb's of bandwidth per month. That's at least how it has worked in my experience. Seeing as the end of the month is quite nearly here, I was thinking we'd all be able to access it by Saturday morning.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
COW's achilles heel has shown itself again. Only John or David will be able to fix this one.
Who's David? Is that Abner?

One thing I noticed the other day...Usually they only let us have I think either 10 or 20 messages in our PM box at COW. These last few days, it's had a higher allowance (like either 15 or 25?). Not sure if this makes a difference on what's happening with the bandwidth problem, but wanted to throw it out there anyway.

mmarosy

One of the Regulars
Yep, ITG, John recently increased the allowance for messages. It may be a factor and will have to be another consideration.

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points