Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Huge Borsalino on eBay, advice needed.

frussell

One Too Many
Hey Borsalino experts, there's a "vintage" Alessandria in a size 8 on eBay right now. I've owned one or two, but I'm not great at telling how old one is by the liner or sweat. The BIN is $250, but I don't know if it's worth the dough. I do know the seller is not accepting any offers under $190, even though the "make an offer" option is available. Take a look and let me know what you think. 250909635742 is the item #.
My apologies, but I'm a caveman when it comes to posting links to live auctions. Thanks, Frank

I have an Alessandria with a reeded sweat like this one. It is most likely 1970s vintage, but the felt and construction are excellent, giving away little to older hats in my opinion.

This one is a little different in the ribbon, but I would think the time period is 70s - 80s. It's very easy for me to spend your money, but I think in your size, if you can get it at $190 it would be a fair deal. You might query the seller on Dinerman's question to be sure.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Damn, that thing's in mint condition. I'll throw 5 bucks into the "Frank Needs This Hat" fund. Twelve more such minor philanthropic gestures, and it'll be down to that 190! :)

frussell

One Too Many
Seller replied that she measured it out at 22 1/4". That does not sound much like an 8 to me. Thanks for the advice gentlemen, maybe someone else can grab it that actually wears that size. Frank

frussell

One Too Many
You may be right Marc. Seems like a nice lady. Bit high on the price for a smaller hat. I would've paid her asking price of $250 if it had been an actual U.S. "8." Thanks guys. Frank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk