Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hunting Hitler on the History Channel

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
I tried to watch it. My problem is, Russia has allowed other country's to see the fragments of Hitler's skull, and it is pretty conclusive, he is dead!

filfoster

One Too Many
The dental records of Hitler's jawbone (now where is the mention of this in this series?) is a very hard piece of evidence to overcome. Never mind that the old B----rd was a very weak, sick man by April, 1945 and would be very unlikely to stand the physical demands of a skedaddle by foot, plane and submarine.
Step back and ask if this escape is even in his character, as a megalomaniacal actor in his own Wagnerian 'Gotterdammerung'.
It' s a lot of fun to watch but the investigators don't leap but bound to conclusions on not much. There were some big shots who got away (where is that Hans Kammler fellow, anyway?) but Der Chief wasn't one of them.

Last edited:

Treetopflyer

Practically Family
I have not watched the show, but are there any real historians or just guys that find some random clue in an old letter written in German and have solved all the mysteries of WWII?

Last edited:

Blackjack

One Too Many
The show is excellent. The evidence they are uncovering is very much pointing to the fact Hitler escaped with the other Generals. It's definitely worth watching!!!!

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
The biggest reason Hitler did not escape is, Mussolini! Hitler knew what happened to the corpses of Mussolini and his mistress, and he did not want kids playing football with Eva and his head!

DNO

One Too Many
I usually refer to things like this show as "could've been, should've been" history. Amusing to watch, a bit like those alternative history novels, but absolutely lacking credibility. Just because it could have happened doesn't mean it did. Sloppy history.

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Once and for all, it was just a weather balloon! ;)
roswell-nazis_zpsgu6wzmhs.jpg

filfoster

One Too Many
Stearman has it right on AH's motives for the suicide and cremation.
Not sure he's right about the Roswell. I choose to believe that one. Some really good recent books on that and oddly it's easier to believe than Hitler's 'survival'.
AH didn't accomplish much with this get-away, if he did, did he?

Edward

Bartender
I tried to watch it. My problem is, Russia has allowed other country's to see the fragments of Hitler's skull, and it is pretty conclusive, he is dead!

Though the Russians don't exactly have a track record forchonesty with Hitler's corpse. ;-)

Adolph Hitler died by his own hand on April 30, 1945.

The moon landings were real.

Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK.

9/11 was caused by Islamist suicide terrorists and not the US government and/or the Israelis.

Sometimes, folks, the "official" stories are true.

Maybe. But Oswald was a patsy, and the Kennedys did have Marilyn murdered.

Treetopflyer

Practically Family
Adolph Hitler died by his own hand on April 30, 1945.

The moon landings were real.

Lee Harvey Oswald killed JFK.

9/11 was caused by Islamist suicide terrorists and not the US government and/or the Israelis.

Sometimes, folks, the "official" stories are true.
I have read an argument, that after Oswald fired his shot, the Secret Service car behind Kennedy reacted so quickly that one of the agents accidently fired off a round from his rifle. That seems reasonable to me, that they F'ed it up and the Secret Service kept it hush, hush after the bullet fragments were removed and examined. Because two separate types of bullets were found, Oswald's and the Secret Service Agent's. No conspiracy, just a good old fashioned screw up. It wouldn't look good if the guys that are supposed to protect the president accidently shot him.

Having worked for the government for almost twenty years, that seems more plausible than Castro, CIA, Russians, the mob or aliens planning the entire thing.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
Treetop, it's certainly a far more realistic possibility.

I've always been a fan of the problem solving theory Occam's Razor. Simply, that the simplest solution is likely the answer.

Put another way, if the proposed answer is complex, convoluted, based primarily on supposition rather than evidence, it requires faith rather than reason.

The theorists and deniers inevitably refer to the obvious answer as the "official" answer, and so untrustworthy on that basis alone. Strawman argumanets and ad hominem attacks follow, as "evidence" that the official (obvious) answer cannot be trusted.

And sorry Edward, but whatever LHO was, he was the gunman.

And no, the Kennedys did not kill or have killed Marilyn Monroe. Those boys chased more skirt than William Wallace at a kilt sale. They didn't need to kill her to keep her quiet. Cat was out of the bag at the birthday party.

Now, Ted Kennedy and Mary Jo Kopechne. No mystery there.

Sharpsburg

One of the Regulars
Just when you think, maybe now the History Channel will actually show real history, you come across total crap like Hunting Hitler. It is just another endless tease about this rumor, or that antedote or another conspiracy theory someone dreamed up to support the tiniest bit of potential evidence. I could barely sit through one episode it was so flimsy and ridiculous. In other words, Hitler sightings=Bigfoot sightings!

Blackjack

One Too Many
I love you guys. Oswald killed Kennedy, Roswell was a weather balloon, Hitler killed himself. What makes you guys think you you know these things for sure? No one knows any of these things for sure, and to positively state that other people are wrong just because your opinions, and I repeat opinions don't agree makes you sound more foolish than any conspiracy theory. The Government covers up all sorts of things ( unless you also believe they always tell us the truth) as far as the Hitler thing goes, remember it all started with declassified FBI documents that showed they were tracing his movements in South America. It's best to say I doubt it's true, or we'll see if they come up with hard evidence than stating for sure that everyone who has questions or an open mind to the fact that there ARE coverups in this world are idiots-

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21