Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I am a happy man today (music related)

Michaelson

One Too Many
I have finally purchased my own piano. Not to bad, considering I've played for 40 years, but never bought my own. The supplied link shows one that looks exactly like what I've purchased. I'm extremely pleased.

Behr Bros. Upright Grand

Scott Joplin...here I come.....again!! :)

Pardon me, but I had to share with folks who gave a durn. ;)

Regards. Michaelson

Michaelson

One Too Many
Found it at a local antique store. The bass end had been recently restrung, allowed to settle, and tuned twice to within an octave of true. I'll have it finished after the move. I sat down and played a bit, and it just felt perfect. A good piano just has a feel to it that you can't describe. I've played some that were really nice, but didn't have the 'ring' I like in the left hand. This one does, and they're few and far between when it comes to pleasing me.

Maybe that's why I've been so long buying one. :rolleyes:

Regards. Michaelson

CoffeeDude

One of the Regulars
I thought that thing looked familar. Bink maybe you'll have better luck if you try dropping a safe - I'll be sure to put a target on the top of my fedora. :fedora:

Michaelson, have fun tickling the ivories!

Dalexs

Practically Family
Thats a gorgeous looking piece sir.
A friend of my is a professional piano restorer. If you have any questions or needs, let me know.

Someday, I hope to have room for something that nice.
Congrats!

binkmeisterRick

A-List Customer
Michaelson said:
Found it at a local antique store. The bass end had been recently restrung, allowed to settle, and tuned twice to within an octave of true. I'll have it finished after the move. I sat down and played a bit, and it just felt perfect. A good piano just has a feel to it that you can't describe. I've played some that were really nice, but didn't have the 'ring' I like in the left hand. This one does, and they're few and far between when it comes to pleasing me.

Maybe that's why I've been so long buying one. :rolleyes:

Regards. Michaelson

I know exactly what it's like to find an instrument that fits you. I've ended up with most of the guitars in my collection because there was something almost magical about them when I picked them up. (It's almost like the instrument is talking to me--no, it's just the voices in my head....) In fact, one of my favorite guitars is a cheap, 70's Telecaster knock off. It looks like it should sound like poo, but this baby's got mojo! :cool2:

Now... to find a safe.... ;)

bink

Michaelson

One Too Many
ITG said:
Michaelson, that piano is gorgeous and looks "so you." I didn't realize you played.

In my 'youth', ITG, I was a pipe organ performance major at Ohio State, and usually practiced 4 to 6 hours a day. I pared down to about 2 a day after I got married, and when the two little ones came along...zip. Needless to say, it's going to take a LOT of work to get my hands and forearms in shape again, as it's been almost 15 years now since I've had access to a good keyboard, but with a good instrument to work on, the pain reconditioning brings will be nothing compared to being able to sit down and just play again. I've done this 'rebuild' before, I can do it again.

Yep, bink, I figured you'd know what I was talking about when it came to how an instrument 'feels'.

Thanks for the offer, Dalexs. Should something arise that can't be handled at this end, I'll definitely contact you. Much appreciated.

Regards!! Michaelson

Michaelson

One Too Many
Thank you, Doc! Yep, gotta take the good with the bad. The move is NEVER fun, unless you LIKE lifting items the size and weight of small pickup trucks :p Regards. Michaelson

Michaelson

One Too Many
Well, first it just has to come to the house we're at now...but in the near future, we're heading west....Regards. Michaelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points