Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I am going to do it!

Brooksie

One Too Many
Hey everybody - I am going to go and get my hair cut tommorow. I have been growing it out for almost one year and it grows very slow. It is almost touching my shoulders but it is very thin and fine. I am going to get a Louise Brooks bob again, my hair is naturally almost black and very shiney and it works with this bob cut so well, but I wanted to very much grow it out to about mid back and it is not looking so good these days, so tommorow it goes bye, bye!!!

Brooksie

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Yeah! Get before and after pics! Are you going to donate it to Locks of Love? You need 10 inches.

Nikki

NicolettaRose

Practically Family
Go for it! I have have had the Louis Brooks style for about 2 years now ( dark hair and all) just no bangs, a bob is a cute, classic cute that never goes out of style :)

Naama

Practically Family
Yay! Bobs are great! And the 20's style is even greater! ;) You can still get different looks by waterwaving or curling it a bit if it's not too short! Post pics!

Naama

P

Paul

It will be great to see another L/b bob around. You have to show it off to all of us!:eusa_clap

BettyValentine

A-List Customer
You're so lucky! I'm so jealous of your hair. I really want a Louise Brooks bob, but I think I'd just look like Anna Wintour.

Post pics when you get back, OK?

BV

G

GoldLeaf

I love bobs! My hair has just enough natural curl to it that a bob never looks quite right. Indeed, post pictures so that we can live vicariously though you:D

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
jitterbugdoll said:
I am sure you will look lovely! I am forever growing out my hair as well, and then chopping it off when I get sick of it (it just behaves so much better when its shorter.:))
lol Isn't that just the way with us girls though?! If it's long, we want it shorter, straight, curly and on and on it goes!
I'm very much looking forward to pics of your new do! Good luck!!!!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mysterygal said:
lol Isn't that just the way with us girls though?! If it's long, we want it shorter, straight, curly and on and on it goes!
I'm very much looking forward to pics of your new do! Good luck!!!!

You are so right. I've actually given up on doing my hair over the past few months, I'm just never satisfied so I throw it up in a ponytail and try my hardest to ignore it. I don't want to do anything rash, so I figure, maybe one day I'll wake up and like it again, know what to do with it:)

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
I think also one of the hardest things to go through with hair is that in-between stage! I've promised myself that my hair will be long even though I've been just itching to take some scissors to it!:p
and putting rollers in at night..I've gotten so lazy about doing this! I think I'm in a sort of rut:( kind of the mentality of , what's the point?!
*note to self* get out more!:)

Brooksie

One Too Many
Well ladies... thanks for all of the encouragement! I did it and I love it, it feels so good. I will post some pictures on myspace on my day off, I have not been able to figure out quite yet how to post pictures on the fedora lounge site yet.

Brooksie

P

Paul

That is so nice very Louise Brooks I can see why you like it.:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy