Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I did it...

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
Well, I went in to get a haircut. My hair was on my shoulderblades, and I as aiming to get about two inches cut off, to leave it just below my shoulders.

I now have a bob. A long bob, perhaps, but now my hair comes about a half an inch past my chin.

I don't know why the hairdresser thought I wanted eight inches cut off, but he turned me away from the mirror and cut the back first. By then it was too late.

While I don't like it, hair grows, I guess.

If I get brave I might post pictures and show you all what I look like...with horribly short hair.

pretty faythe

One Too Many
I think hair dressers dont listen well when you tell them what you want. Even if you have a pic of what you want, and ask them " can you do this" and they "yes", and it is so different than what you want. (current personal experience). Be happy it was a bob that you got, I have no idea what the lady did to me last time, but I have strange layers that should not exist, and is taking for ever to grow back.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Polka I'm so sorry you had a bad experience! Usually if they turn you away from the chair you might wanna say "wait!"
Please show us so maybe we can help you to like it better while it's growing!

I think hair dressers dont listen well when you tell them what you want.
I try my hardest to give my clients exactly what they ask for.. however I also try to make sure we're on the same page, and that means that the client must know how their hair is going to react to a certain cut. Cutting it "just like a picture" doesn't me your hair will look like the picture; depends on hair type and color. I make sure the client understands that first tho!

Don't ever let the styist intimidate you. If you feel you cannot get your point across and the lingo just isn't the same, don't feel bad about saying, "you know what- I changed my mind" and walk away.

If you only want an inch and you're unsure, ask the stylist to show you how much an inch would be. An inch to some is more like two or three!

Polka Dot, you may want to opt for the Hair Do Jessica Simpson extensions, they're on ebay for a great price and look great.

Nikki

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
The cut

Well...it's not that short.

It's just shorter than I would like it to be. My sophomore year of college I cut it in a pixie-ish cut, which as you'll see, doesn't suit my round face at all. On the plus side, I guess, I can do pin curls now.

DSC01193.jpg

Thanks for your support, Nikki and Faith!

P.S. I know I look 15. Trust me, I'm 22.

Brooksie

One Too Many
Hi Polka Dot,

Your new hair cut is very flattering and pretty! I too am sorry you had a bad experience, I have been a licensed cosmetologist since1988 and did hair for 9 years and I always tried to give my customers what they wanted also, I just do not want you to think all hairstylists are bad. Your stlye now looks like a 1930's bob which can be a very fun look.

Brooksie

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
I'm sorry it's shorter than you asked for, but it *really* does look great on you! You're a doll!
And it's a good thing you look 15... that way when you're 52 people will think you're 45, lol!

Nikki

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
You're all so sweet. Thank you. :)

It's just going to take some getting used to. No more ponytails for me!

pretty faythe

One Too Many
!

I think hair dressers dont listen well when you tell them what you want.
I try my hardest to give my clients exactly what they ask for.. however I also try to make sure we're on the same page, and that means that the client must know how their hair is going to react to a certain cut. Cutting it "just like a picture" doesn't me your hair will look like the picture; depends on hair type and color. I make sure the client understands that first tho!

I understand that sometimes hair doesnt react well to cuts. Thats why I had asked her first if she could do the cut. I'm used to my hair not turning out quite like I want, cuz it is thick and has a mind of its own, but this one was totally off, she was talking alot on the phone while doing it too. Hmmm....shoulda known then....lol.

Polka dot, I agree your hair looks really good that way!:eusa_clap

CanadaDoll

Practically Family
I think a bad cut is something all women must go through at least once.:(
I am trying to grow out a "stunning" Heroin Chic cut right now, I haven't worn my hair down since August!:eek:

Yours is absolutely darling Polka Dot, it's a really nice look on you.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy