Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I feel nekid

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
For the first time this year, its too warm to wear one of my leather jackets. I got a new one 2 weeks ago from AL and had some time to break it in a bit this april, but alas, it is now too warm. I will miss my new companion until late september I would guess. Oh well, on to summer.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I can both empathise and commiserate with your sentiment. I have an original 1940's raincoat/overcoat. It has a zip in lining, which makes it extremely warm, as the inclement weather gives way to more brighter days, the lining comes out. But eventually it becomes too warm to wear, even for protection from our wet summers.

Yet come the change at the end of autumn, I am reluctant to wear the winter clothes. So much do I miss the summer weather that I resist wearing that coat, purely out of defiance.

Very cool this morning on motorcycle ride to work, my AL Dirt Rider was perfect. Even out for a sandwich at lunch, I wasn't uncomfortable in it. Tonight for the ride home may be too warm but just wear it unzipped...Over 80 degrees F forecast for Sunday...

nabottle

A-List Customer
I feel for you, Swoosed. I really do. If I haven't gotten to wear mine in a while, I just crank the A/C down, light a pipe or cigar, and put one on in the house.

Stand By

One Too Many
I took the dogs for a pre-dawn walk this morning and wore my ELC Irvin. Yes, the Irvin. It's now MAY ! We have 1 daffodil in the front yard so far. ONE ! No buds on the trees yet. At this rate I'm thinking it'll warm up around August ....

Worf

I'll Lock Up
I took the dogs for a pre-dawn walk this morning and wore my ELC Irvin. Yes, the Irvin. It's now MAY ! We have 1 daffodil in the front yard so far. ONE ! No buds on the trees yet. At this rate I'm thinking it'll warm up around August ....

Mwa ha ha!!!!! VENGEANCE is served for all those blandety blank "Polar Vortices" you shipped my way this winter!!!!! Fie upon thee!!!!

Worf

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
As its warming up for you guys, its cooling down to perfect jacket whether here in Oz...your loss is our gain :D
...and my new regular length Buco J-100 from Diamond Dave turned up yesterday ...happy days

wild_balls

Practically Family
Holy sh...t it's worse than Sweden! !!

IXL

One Too Many
Oklahoma hit 88°F today. This morning I managed to turn a ride to the post office into a 54 mile jaunt. Took the Harley XR1200X, which has no windshield. It was still cool enough that my new Vanson Model B House Deluxe (say that fast three times) was a great choice. Riding at 75mph there was no flapping around, at all. I really like this jacket but fear it will soon be too hot to wear it, as it has no vents. Spring lasts around six days here.

Hal

Practically Family
Holy sh...t it's worse than Sweden! !!
As I wilt in temperatures over 25C I'd be quite happy if it didn't warm up until August! I have seen daffodils out in Norway at the end of May; here we expect them before the end of February and they are well over now.
As its warming up for you guys, its cooling down to perfect jacket whether here in Oz...your loss is our gain.
Lucky you!
Seriously, I'd hate to have to put up with the summer temperatures and humidity that most inhabitants of the USA seem to have to tolerate. It's MUCH easier to dress (certainly to adjust thermal comfort by means of clothing) at lower rather than higher temperatures. If only we could have winter temperatures with summer day-length!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points