Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I got it I got it! new jacket!

loosebolts

Familiar Face
Ok, so after the DHL/ USPS / who know what with customs i finally got the jacket. I think it might Dutch not German. the label is a golden sparrow looking Bird and it reads H.A. Lederkleding.
the zippers are a mix of Ritz and Agrihama (dutch company?) the lining is a mix of interesting things. the two hand pockets appear to be lined with green pool table felt. the other two pockets are some grey loose weave cotton and the other is brown velvet like material. all of this is stitched with the same thread and by machine perhaps ersatz? the cuffs are interesting as well. one looks like it is out of an A-2 jacket while the other is black cotton that is stuffed with batting to the point where it is tight on the wrist. in very very good condition and my new favorite piece of clothing. if only it could talk.
so i just snapped these. the one photo i did in black and white cause the color on my phone camera was pretty off. just to get the idea.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55967186@N06/

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Nice, black and white photo looks very pre-war European. Check out various YouTube European home movies from the pre war era and you will see what I mean but a lot of the German stuff have Nazi's in them.
I would think it is Dutch going by the spelling, German is Lederkleidung(one word Google translate).
John

murena

One of the Regulars
Ok, so after the DHL/ USPS / who know what with customs i finally got the jacket. I think it might Dutch not German. the label is a golden sparrow looking Bird and it reads H.A. Lederkleding.
the zippers are a mix of Ritz and Agrihama (dutch company?) the lining is a mix of interesting things. the two hand pockets appear to be lined with green pool table felt. the other two pockets are some grey loose weave cotton and the other is brown velvet like material. all of this is stitched with the same thread and by machine perhaps ersatz? the cuffs are interesting as well. one looks like it is out of an A-2 jacket while the other is black cotton that is stuffed with batting to the point where it is tight on the wrist. in very very good condition and my new favorite piece of clothing. if only it could talk.
so i just snapped these. the one photo i did in black and white cause the color on my phone camera was pretty off. just to get the idea.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55967186@N06/

very nice DUTCH "Kurzmantel" from about 1943-1954 (was the era from H.A. Lederleding) and it has nothing to do with german WW2 "uniform coats". the black and white picture looks very good!
and please folks...do not always say when you speak from the time 1939-1945 about german and austrian people as nazis...not all all of the germans and austrians where in the "NSDAP" party!

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I'd say Dutch too. In fact, I found a similar HA Lederkleding jacket for sale over there.

http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/kleding-heren/jassen-winter/m638100553-leren-motorjas-heren.html

€25 if you're a 42 or 44 chest.
That sounds a Bargain, My size too:) Has he got the price right or is that a starting price like eBay?

very nice DUTCH "Kurzmantel" from about 1943-1954 (was the era from H.A. Lederleding) and it has nothing to do with german WW2 "uniform coats". the black and white picture looks very good!
and please folks...do not always say when you speak from the time 1939-1945 about german and austrian people as nazis...not all all of the germans and austrians where in the "NSDAP" party!
HI, Apologies if that came across that way, I just meant that a lot of the home movies on you tube from that era contain swastikas and military images. I have some National Geographic magazines from pre war and it must have been hard for the magazine photographers not to include these images when featuring large cities, especially around 1936 with the Olympic games in Berlin.
I love the European style from that era, great clothes, great cars, and some fantastic design from the Bauhaus. I wish I had the figure to carry that look myself.
J

B-24J

One of the Regulars
Nice find. Congratulations!

The felt lined hand pockets is a quality touch that you'll appreciate on cold days.

The fit looks great on you. I can see why it's your new favorite.

How heavy would you guesstimate it to be?

John

loosebolts

Familiar Face

Sir i was not in the market for any thing worn by wehrmacht or luftwaffe. i started a threat weeks ago asking what this my jacket was. if it was luftwaffe or wehrmacht for several reason both historical preservation and personal i would not have worn it. i just wanted a 1940's jacket, no more no less. the seller was in Germany and said it was German made. as well as the seller said it fit the era of WW II and included a grainy picture of a Heinkel 111 with some guy wearing something barely similar. still i wear this jacket around town, out to dinner and even the pool hall. i would not wear something that had epaulettes or insignias or flirt with that idea.

Gents the wars over, were all friends now.

loosebolts

Familiar Face
Nice find. Congratulations!

The felt lined hand pockets is a quality touch that you'll appreciate on cold days.

The fit looks great on you. I can see why it's your new favorite.

How heavy would you guesstimate it to be?

John

Very heavy for be but im scrawny probably around 6 or 7 pounds or a hair over perhaps.

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Nice score. I'm a firm believer in recycling, reclaiming and wearing older leather. I'd buy more of it if I were closer to the body type of that era. Well done friend!

Worf

loosebolts

Familiar Face
thank you. i starting a new addiction. now i find my self on Ebay late at night looking at things is should not. my aunt that is a bit hippster-ish took it and was wearing it and was laying it on pretty thick that she liked it and wanted something identical. i love it, now i have to keep my eye on a bergfruend jacket that is taunting me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana