I had a fight with my wife tonight....

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by casper, Mar 2, 2012.

1. casper

casper New in Town

My wife and I had a difference of opinion.

I'm not sure why? :cool:

[​IMG]

Casper

2. AtomicEraTom

AtomicEraTom

Yup, sounds about right to me lol

3. .
    Laugh now, fellas, but know this: sooner rather than later, cuckolded women almost always figure out that their men are cheating on them ... but most cuckolded men remain blissfully unaware that their women are doing the same, sometimes for years.

4. Feraud

Feraud Bartender

Damn that is funny and accurate!

5. sheeplady

sheeplady I'll Lock Up Bartender

lol

6. Justin B

Justin B One Too Many

Oddly though, women are not the only ones who think this way. A friend of mine is firmly convinced that I am going to steal his girlfriend (who works in my office) at any given moment. I think we're going to have to have a serious "talk" in the near future as it's starting to get on my nerves.

7. casper

casper New in Town

Your friend sounds highly insecure Justin B

Assuming you have no interest in your friends girl, you could make it very clear that she holds no attraction for you, indeed if you have a girl friend well, that should solve that particular problem; if you don't have a girl friend obtain a willing female accomplice and make sure he sees you and she looking suitably intimate together so he has no worries. :eeek:

Casper

8. Flicka

Flicka One Too Many

If this is meant to be gender stereotypical, I'm apparently not a woman, nor have I ever dated a man.

Interesting.

9. Gene

Gene Practically Family

I'm not a man either, I suppose. Yes I own motorcycles, no I am not a weekend warrior who polishes chrome all day, nor do I have a closet full of Harley riding gear. Nor do I get upset when my bikes don't run, fixing them is half the fun.

Modern gender stereotypes have no place here in a vintage forum. Especially unfunny ones. Let's all just go watch King of Queens and beer commercials while we're at it. My wife can bring the real men snacks while we watch football....

10. ButteMT61

ButteMT61

Yeah, no room for jokes here folks. Better reel it in...

11. Drappa

Drappa One Too Many

Thank you for this :)
    This is about as funny (and appropriate) as jokes about blondes.

12. Flat Foot Floey

Flat Foot Floey My Mail is Forwarded Here

Well I agree that it is all about gender stereotypes. BUT Jokes are often simple and stupid because that's just how they work.
    It's a difference if you laugh about the pun or if you really agree. It works better in real life. Usuall you can tell if the joke-teller is a total ass or just fooling around.

PS: According to the joke I am not a real man too. :rolleyes:

13. LoveMyHats2

LoveMyHats2 I'll Lock Up

Geez, you mean the guy was sleeping with his motorcyle? Bummer! (lol)!

14. LoveMyHats2

LoveMyHats2 I'll Lock Up

Now that is a sad deal...however, if this person wants you to "pay a price" for activity you are not actually doing, (i.e. snorking around for his Gal), then geezo whiz bang, go for it! I would, (if I were single)!

15. Edward

Edward Bartender

Is it you he doesn't trust, or is that merely a comfortable projection of his mistrust of her?

Ha.... pretty much what I thought too.

16. Hell Man...if my bike wouldn't start...I'd be damned depressed,too. Especially if I had layed out my favorite black T....and already had my HD riding boots on. My chrome always has a mirror shine..and I'd rather ride than piddle with a wrench any day. Happily...my bike always starts..and the wife is on the back..and we're both grinning ear to ear...and I ain't jokin. ;)

17. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

My main gripe about stuff like this that it has nothing to do with the Golden Era. Other than that, it was maybe mildly funny.

18. AtomicEraTom

AtomicEraTom

I haven't gotten my cycle license yet, so I'm stuck polishing chrome all day long!

19. Mrs Chaddsley_Corbett

Mrs Chaddsley_Corbett Suspended

"Pardon my ignorance but what has all of this to do with the price of vintage eggs?"

20. MisterCairo

MisterCairo I'll Lock Up

Yes, because in the Golden Era, men and women were absolute equals, and stereotypes were a kind of three dimensional photograph.