Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I hate birds.

Doh!

One Too Many
OK, how do I clean bird droppings from a Milan straw? I JUST got nailed and soap and water took most of it off, but not all. The "straw" is really a paper/polyester blend. It only cost me $28.00 bucks so I'm not that upset but still... stupid bird.

I appreciate any suggestions... thanks!

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
No suggestions, except that once, while walking on the beach a seagull shat in my hair, on my forhead, and in my eye. So I hate birds too. It didn't cost me $28 dollars (just a long shower), but I hope that makes you feel better.

Oh, maybe try rubbing alcohol? At least that will sanitize it.

Feraud

Bartender
Some call it a "bird blessing ''.

It seems like your hat fulfilled one of it's obligations. First is to protect the wearer's head and the other to look stylish. I had one of those paper blend hats. The first rainstorm you wear it in will probably do more damage than the bird did. :)

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Miss Lucy June said:
No suggestions, except that once, while walking on the beach a seagull shat in my hair, on my forhead, and in my eye. So I hate birds too. It didn't cost me $28 dollars (just a long shower), but I hope that makes you feel better.

At least it wasn't you first day with a hook!:eek: lol
isbisaaws6.jpg

Sorry LJ, I couldnt resist.;)

Cheers!

Dan

Miss Lucy June

One of the Regulars
DanielJones said:
At least it wasn't you first day with a hook!:eek: lol
isbisaaws6.jpg

Sorry LJ, I couldnt resist.;)

Cheers!

Dan

I almost needed a patch. Have you ever been blinded by poo? Good thing it was only temporary, I'm not sure I'm meant for the patch. ARrrgh.

Miss Lucy June said:
I almost needed a patch. Have you ever been blinded by poo? Good thing it was only temporary, I'm not sure I'm meant for the patch. ARrrgh.

Yeah, that'd just totally ruin that pretty Renee Zellweger face.;)

And shouldn't it be "ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!" ;) (Couldn't resist, I have to suffer a bunch of "age of piracy" nautical-gamers every so often...:eek: )

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Doh! said:
OK, how do I clean bird droppings from a Milan straw? I JUST got nailed and soap and water took most of it off, but not all. The "straw" is really a paper/polyester blend. It only cost me $28.00 bucks so I'm not that upset but still... stupid bird.

I appreciate any suggestions... thanks!
A little Shout gel stick. Just a tiny, tiny bit right on the stain, then gently mop with warm water and a sponge.

Trust me on this one...

Russ

One of the Regulars
Miss Lucy June said:
a seagull shat in my hair

I didn't realize this was the past tense, but it makes perfect sense. :)

I eventually sold my Akubra Stetson Open Road after a pigeon attack. I think I got it fairly clean, but the psychological associations remained. I stopped feeding pigeons, too.

J.B.

Practically Family
Russ said:
I didn't realize this was the past tense, but it makes perfect sense. :) ...

Because I am so linguistically adroit :rolleyes: -- I occasionally enjoy a pedantic flinging about of the past perfect participle, to wit: "The cheap straw having been shatted upon, was now exhibiting a grody appearance." :D

Why, you ask, a face so grim?
...a bird just shatted 'pon my brim.

From a distance, the hoot of a squawked guffaw
...as Mr. Seagull polluted my cheapo straw!

Doh!

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
Even in the Austin Powers sense of the word?

No sir; those birds are OK in my book (although if one were to soil my hat in the same manner I'd have to rethink this postion -- but just for her.)

Mr. Lucky said:
A little Shout gel stick. Just a tiny, tiny bit right on the stain, then gently mop with warm water and a sponge.

Trust me on this one...

Thanks, Mr. Lucky -- I tried the spray version and it's drying now. Wish me luck!

Russ said:
I didn't realize this was the past tense, but it makes perfect sense. :)

When I was a kid, I was playing Boggle with my family and wrote down that word. I had no idea what it meant at the time... and apparently, my dad didn't either: he challenged me and lost!

Dagwood said:
Son, get my gun off the top shelf.

My friend suggested toilet paper, but I told him that the bird was probably MILES away by now...

Thanks for the entertaining thread, folks. I'll let you know how the Shout worked. Or didn't.

Doh!

One Too Many
Well, the Shout sorta worked: there's still a tiny bit of "matter" in the seam(?) between two rows of stray, and there's also some slight discoloration. Not enough to toss away the hat, luckily.

I'm just glad the little beast didn't hit my much more expensive Dobbs.

oswulf

New in Town
Miss Lucy June said:

Ah come on, I think you'd look pretty cute with a patch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points