Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I LOVE my DivaCup! Not for guys...

MarieAnne

Practically Family
The Diva Cup is a menstrual cup. (Is this the right forum?) Anyways, I've had mine for a few months now and I don't know what I would do without it. It never leaks, I'm never aware of it and you can wear it for up to 12 hours. It's reusable so it's great for the environment, too. Don't worry, you can also boil them. Anyways, just wanted to share. Check it out, I highly recommend it.
http://www.divacup.com/

pigeon toe

One Too Many
I think the DivaCup is a wonderful idea. I've recently switched birth control pills and have a very light flow now, so I don't really need one. But I still use cloth menstrual pads at night and sometimes during the day. I've had the same ones since 8th grade!

It's amazing how much better they feel than the plasticky ones and how much they help out the environment.

olive bleu

One Too Many
one of my best friends has been using one for years,but i just can't go there.I am even a bit of an earth-muffin, and I just can't be that hands on and involved about Mr. Monthly..no sirree...:eek:

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
I'm kind of on the verge of trying that out, but not yet. I'm currently settling for organic, non-chlorine bleached, 100% cotton, applicator-less tampons. Getting there!

I really miss being on my old birth control...I didn't even need tampons at that time! It made me suspicious, though, and I'm really not a fan of synthetic hormones.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
gluegungeisha said:
I really miss being on my old birth control...I didn't even need tampons at that time! It made me suspicious, though, and I'm really not a fan of synthetic hormones.

Yeah, I kind of hate being on hormones. However, without them my periods would be MUCH longer, heavier, crampier and all around suckier. They made me super anemic too. No fun! So thank god for synthetic hormones!

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
OY! I don't think I could go there either.
And I agree with y'all about the hormones. I'm not on anything right now. :confused:

Do they still make cotton/washable pads? I'm seriously allergic to the plasticky ones and it seems all the companies are going that route these days!:mad: I even remember my mom saying I couldn't use pampers when I was a baby.

It IS a great idea tho, just not ready for that! OMG, there's no way I could be in a public place and have to rinse that thing with a paper towel!
Nikki

gluegungeisha

Practically Family
pigeon toe said:
Yeah, I kind of hate being on hormones. However, without them my periods would be MUCH longer, heavier, crampier and all around suckier. They made me super anemic too. No fun! So thank god for synthetic hormones!

Oh, I totally know where you're coming from. I had my blood tested for anemia and that came up negative, thank goodness...but my periods used to be so bad that I would be borderline suicidal when I was PMSing. I felt like I was going crazy, but it was just a really bad hormonal imbalance.

Post-birth control, I'm still trying to even things out. My periods aren't nearly as bad as they were before, partially because I just take better care of myself now. I'm starting to cramp again, but it's pretty normal. My skin has been a mess, though!

pigeon toe

One Too Many
ohairas said:
Do they still make cotton/washable pads? I'm seriously allergic to the plasticky ones and it seems all the companies are going that route these days!:mad: I even remember my mom saying I couldn't use pampers when I was a baby.

There's also Lunapads and Hag Rag. I use Hag Rag pads and have had the same ones for close to 7 years now! I can't find their main website, but I'm sure if you snoop around you can find other websites like the one I found that sell their stuff.

You can also probably find a pattern for them to make yourself if you know how to sew or have a serger.

Trust me, they feel loads better than any plastic pad!

ShrinkingViolet

A-List Customer
I've heard lots of good things about the divacup too, and I have considered trying it, but like others of you mentioned periods aren't really much of a hassle when you're on hormonal birth control.

This month I've started trying out this new kind of birth control, Nuvaring. It contains a lot less hormones than regular contraceptive pills. I don't really have an opinion about it yet, only that it isn't quite as small and discreet as I thought it would be. :confused:

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I really really do want to try this, the one we have here is called a Moon Cup. But it does make me slightly squeamish, and I now use all natural 100% cotton, non bleached tampons now so my worries about those are gone, and I just never seem to want to splash £20 on a moon cup. Having been on the pill for so long I only need one or two tampons a day anyway so it's not exactly a strain on the finances.

Classydame

One of the Regulars
My mom tried a similar product in the 80's and loved it, but she couldn't find it in the stores so she had to stop. I tried a similar product to this one a couple of years ago that I found at Target but I just couldn't get the hang of it, maybe I was just to impatient. I couldn't even get the hang of wearing tampons. I just love this idea though, maybe I will try it again.

ITG

Call Me a Cab
The Diva cup looks uncomfortable and not something I'd want to try out. I have noticed that with the BCpills I'm on (I've been on 4 different ones in the last 13 months, that I get more emotional the week before than I did when I was not taking them. Is this normal for some of you girls or do you find that you are less moody/emotional on the pill? (I've tried Estrostep, Apri, Trinessa, and now Yaz.)
I've entertained and discussed the idea of getting off the pill with my husband, but I'm afraid I'll get pregnant.

AllaboutEve

Practically Family
I like the idea of something that deals with "everything" internally like that, but unfortunately I think that I'd need a DivaBucket to deal with my periodslol lol

I'd love to try those cute little HagRags but they wouldn't be much use to me unless they were the size of little trampolenes!!!
I wish I could go on the BC pill but all the ones I have tried have just made me feel really sick etc.
I think this Divacup is a great idea if it works for you!:)

Renee

Familiar Face
Fleur De Guerre said:
I really really do want to try this, the one we have here is called a Moon Cup.

A list I used to be on (organic, earthy living) had many ladies who had used the Keeper, Diva Cup, and the Moon Cup. The Moon Cup won hands down over the other cups.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I remember these from the 70s? Maybe 80s. Never used one. I think my sister had one, we weren't at all close and didn't talk about any topics then. I remember the name Moon Cup. Anyway I am really interested if they don't leak. Every three and a half weeks or so I wreck at least one article of clothing, you'd think that after 30 years or so I'd have gotten the hang of it? :rolleyes: It's been 20 years since I've used birth control pills and I don't have a long period but still!! This is good information, thanks for all the advice and links.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points