Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I met Johnny Depp/Hat question

D00R

One of the Regulars
Hey guys haven't been here in a long while.
I got to meet Johnny Depp on my birthday May 8th
he was wearing a really cool hat, is it a stetson cowboy hat? it looks soft, crushable maybe the mello felt?
Anyone have any idea what kinda hat? I asked him if he wears stetson royals?" he was confused and said he didn't know"
Ive been living in california moved from New York and i stumbled upon the hat maker who makes his hats for all of Johnny Depps movies, its called 'Gunners House of Hats'

here are the pics

7199879286_31c0cea72a_z.jpg

7199884762_dcdfc07f09_z.jpg

7199872450_0dd14e4e31_z.jpg

jlee562

I'll Lock Up
Indeed. Barons made the boater for Public Enemies, while Optimo made the ox blood fedora he wore in the bank robbing scenes. I could swear the fedora in Dark Shadows is also an Optimo.

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Door, what a great Bday present to have been able to meet Johnny Depp! Only a true lounger would ask a hat question.

Last edited:

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I saw him on some news show in the last couple of weeks and he has some unintelligible accent and he was sort of mumbling. IT sure made think he was adopting the speech patterns of Bob Dylan.
I'll take a mumbling hat guy or a well spoken guy with an expensive 'do any time.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
I would love to meet Johnny's assistant . He is the person one needs to talk too. An the wardrobe person and costume designers take care of hats on a movie they source them out to find the look they are wanting.

suitedcboy

One Too Many
I know how you get that look. You wear your hat while mowing on tractor under low tree limbs. That is what it can look like after it gets restyled by Bush Hog (tractor mower for those who are not from the Southeast).

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Depp himself, on the other hand... That man has a really nasty looking portrait in an attic somewhere, I am convinced of it.

It is ridiculous. I would really like to see him play Mr. Gray just because it would basically be a biography.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana