Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need a proxy in Japan and like yesterday!

I want to buy something from Yahoo Auctions and Buyee being confusing, I would very much prefer someone in Japan to do the purchase, accept the shipment and then ship it to me to Croatia.

If all else fails, I could go through one of the services - If anyone has any info on how it is to be done nowadays - but since the item in question costs massive amount of money, my primary mission is to avoid import taxes, which will amount to 46% of the items sold value, should it be presented to the customs authorities. So let's not do that.

Thus, should you be capable and feel willing of course to help me out, drop me a PM.

Other members can verify that I am 100% legit when it comes to any business dealings, regardless of the sum.

Thank you kindly for your time.

Try neokyo. You can reduce the declared parcel value down to 10% of its purchase price.

Will look into it.

I know some people who live in Japan who might be able to do it. If you want I can dm their ig handles

If they'd be willing to do it, sure! Hook me up. Thank you! I appreciate it. It would simply be buying something there, sending it to me and at low value. I know some sellers have problems with that so I need to be clear about it right away.

I want to buy something from Yahoo Auctions and Buyee being confusing, I would very much prefer someone in Japan to do the purchase, accept the shipment and then ship it to me to Croatia.

If all else fails, I could go through one of the services - If anyone has any info on how it is to be done nowadays - but since the item in question costs massive amount of money, my primary mission is to avoid import taxes, which will amount to 46% of the items sold value, should it be presented to the customs authorities. So let's not do that.

Thus, should you be capable and feel willing of course to help me out, drop me a PM.

Other members can verify that I am 100% legit when it comes to any business dealings, regardless of the sum.

Thank you kindly for your time.
I have purchased from Monitor, he is legit and first class.

Blackadder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think you can choose to declare the good as a gift using the proxy fromjapan. I just saw the function when I paid for shipment the other day. I have no use for the function as I live in a city that charge no import duty except for tobacco and petrol.

Cornelius

Practically Family
Given the volume of international high-end clothing purchases FL members seem to routinely make, I'm honestly a bit surprised no enterprising individual has set up a li'l proxy business in Japan catering to this board's membership. Just saying...

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Given the volume of international high-end clothing purchases FL members seem to routinely make, I'm honestly a bit surprised no enterprising individual has set up a li'l proxy business in Japan catering to this board's membership. Just saying...

I don't know what's wrong with the proxy services that exist already. What's confusing about buyee?

HarryLime

Familiar Face
I actually need someone in Japan to call up the Wild One for me about a preorder. I e-mailed them, and DMed them, but nothing, my e-mails weren't even read (I have an e-mail tracker). I've already read that the shop is just run by one guy, but I'd love to get him to read my e-mails...

Okay, just tested it, the seller won't accept Proxy bids. For some reason. NeoTokyo doesn't seem to have an option of lower declared value and if it does, it is an option that isn't showing prior to completing a transaction and I don't wanna drop insane amount of money, only to realize it indeed isn't an option - @Mcu, maybe I'm simply missing something? Can you show me how it's done?

I have contacted one person who might be able to help but if this fails, I'd really appreciate having a backup 'cause the auction seems to be ending tomorrow and I wouldn't want to miss out on it.

I don't know what's wrong with the proxy services that exist already. What's confusing about buyee?

They don't seem to be able to declare low(er) value on the box. I can't pay close to a grand extra on this. The price of the item is deranged enough but I really want it. . .

Mcu

New in Town
Okay, just tested it, the seller won't accept Proxy bids. For some reason. NeoTokyo doesn't seem to have an option of lower declared value and if it does, it is an option that isn't showing prior to completing a transaction and I don't wanna drop insane amount of money, only to realize it indeed isn't an option - @Mcu, maybe I'm simply missing something? Can you show me how it's done?

I have contacted one person who might be able to help but if this fails, I'd really appreciate having a backup 'cause the auction seems to be ending tomorrow and I wouldn't want to miss out on it.

They don't seem to be able to declare low(er) value on the box. I can't pay close to a grand extra on this. The price of the item is deranged enough but I really want it. . .
It won't be stated clearly in the website but they have the option once you get to package things. In reality many proxy websites stopped allowing for declaring lower values.

Neokyo has one when I did two months ago. You can search for the latest info to see if there was a change recently. It runs a step-by-step process, first you buy, then package, then declare value and mail. You will only be able to see that screen in the end.

I see... Though it might be something like that. Thank you.

It runs a step-by-step process, first you buy, then package, then declare value and mail. You will only be able to see that screen in the end.

That's what scares me; I know many sites dropped the lower declared value option, thus I'm worried what if NeoTokyo did it in the meantime, too - And I don't want to find out only after I've already paid. Plus they got some extra rules for items that are over a certain amount of yen and one I'm after certainly qualifies.

Used last week, zenmarket.jp down to 10%. As good as it gets as far as I know.

Right, shipping to my country is $300 + $250 fee of some kind plus import tax immediately deducted at checkout. All around 500 USD extra. $300 shipping!!!

Just a few weeks ago, I shipped a Lewis Leathers jacket to Japan, 3kg box, insured, air - $60.

Ugh, I've no option but to just hope for someone to freaking get the box and mail it to me.

Colin G

One Too Many
I find Buyee not confusing and simple to use and navigate. Maybe I can help you with using Buyee?

There is also From Japan. I have never used them but may be easier for you to engage with. Anyway, I am here to help with Buyee if you need it.

How can shipping to Croatia be more than to Canada? We get gouged even when shipping in my own country! DHL to ship a leather jacket from Japan to Canada is about $70 CAD. EMS is cheaper but no EMS from Japan to Canada right now so best option is DHL.

What is this mystery item?!?!! Don't you dare post something from Chrome Hearts:p

What else would it be! :D

How can shipping to Croatia be more than to Canada? We get gouged even when shipping in my own country! DHL to ship a leather jacket from Japan to Canada is about $70 CAD. EMS is cheaper but no EMS from Japan to Canada right now so best option is DHL.

FromJapan was the second service I tried yesterday as I know they're reputable and allow a good number of payment/shipping options but the seller placed a restriction for this specific proxy, for some reason. Won't even let me click on bid/buy.

Shipping rates must be a scam because $300 is not possible. I bought a couple of boxes of ink a few months ago from a Japanese seller, it cost me $30 to get it here and it was over 1 kg and prior to LL jacket, I shipped two video game systems to Osaka, cost me $40-ish.

I tried all the possible options Zenmarket offers, two months surface shipping is $290, regular mail $290 & 2-4 days DHL/FedEx/USP is between $300-$310. Utter garbage.

Buyee is good but like I said, they'll just throw in the original receipt and I'll get taxed $1000 here in Croatia. . .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points