Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think I found a Blue Open road

I know for certain that Stratoliners also came in blue, so it's possibly one of those in the photo. But truth is, for me to tell the difference between a Strat and the OR, I'd have to read the sweatband.
How'd you find that photo, Dusty? Lotsa research or a bit of luck?

Dusty Rhodes

Suspended
Pure luck

tonyb said:
I know for certain that Stratoliners also came in blue, so it's possibly one of those in the photo. But truth is, for me to tell the difference between a Strat and the OR, I'd have to read the sweatband.
How'd you find that photo, Dusty? Lotsa research or a bit of luck?
I studied every photo on that site from 1938 through 1952 and posted EVERY SINGLE decent hat shot I could find over several threads to save you folks the trouble. There are plenty of great shtos of just buildings and their front facades for those that like that, but you have to wade through LOTS of pictures of flowers, bushes, and trees.
DR

Shademaker

New in Town
Not making a determination on the hat but the entire image has a blue cast to it. I tried washing it in Photoshop and the hat you mentioned still had a very slight leaning to blue, more like hint of blue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo