Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I think it's time that I bow out of the Lounge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slicedbread

A-List Customer
Not going to make this too long or anything, just need to get some things off my chest. Mods will most likely delete this, but I kindly ask that they do not.

For all the mods, please remember this: "A classy place where you can discuss issues of the day in a civilized way over brandy and a good cigar."

I have an issue that I'd like to discuss. It belongs in this forum because this is the forum where I have spent the majority of my time. I've learned to love vintage clothes from here and have also loved to learn from some of the greats (BK, Marc Chevalier, Mr. Rover just to name a few).

When I first found the Lounge, I was in heaven. I visited this forum many times a day. I read everything I could and slowly I learned and refined my personal style. For this vast availability of information and helpful tips from all those that have helped me, I'm forever greatful.

However, as it stands now, I feel like many of the rules and ideas are quite stifling.

First of all, the classifieds forum forbids posting of eBay auctions in an effort to keep prices low. I firmly disagree with this notion. While yes, I myself benefit from items ending at low prices, I simply cannot really agree with the inherent selfishness that goes with this rule. This is a gentleman's lounge and as such, there should be an atmosphere of sharing, not secrecy.

Second, I've been singled out for selling some new shirts in the classifieds for a profit. Let me go ahead and say that I thought it was alright because I'm not an actual business. MK went ahead and banned me from the classifieds section with no forward notice at all, informing me that I cannot sell for profit in the classifieds. Supposedly all that's allowed in the classifieds are "used things that lounger no longer need"

I'm sorry MK, but you clearly singled me out. Here is just ONE example of something that is not some old possession that is no longer needed.

http://thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=16659

And also, MANY MANY things for sale on the classifieds are sold for profit and perhaps even bought solely for profit.

MK went even further by informing me A MONTH AFTER BANNING ME that he removed one of my posts selling a vintage jacket (that I had posted months ago and had not attempted to bump in any way). That was just absolutely silly. Was that really necessary?

Matt Deckard has been fairly rude in any exchanges between myself and him...One instance that I remember vividly is when he removed links of ended auctions that I had posted one time and after I informed him that they were links to ended auctions, he didn't apologize or even acknowledge that he was in the wrong. That's quite ungentlemanly and sloppy.

Notice: this is a personal issue that's quite unbecoming of me to post, but I'll do so anyways as I need to get it off my chest. If you do not wish to read about internal drama, you can stop reading here.

Finally, a certain couple of members who I will not name has seemingly deceived me and will not respond to any of my attempts at communication. Long story short, I give a certain member "bob" a GREAT deal on a suit because I was in a giving mood. Subsequent suits that I listed had "bob" complaining about my asking prices in quite a rude manner. After giving him the previous great deal, I honestly felt insulted that he'd have the audacity to demand the same prices for everything I sell. I guess it's as the saying goes, "give an inch..." you know the rest.

The ending of the story above is that I sold one last thing. A fantastic double breasted, belt back suit at a STEAL. Easily half the price of what I could've sold it for. Bob insisted on complaining about the price once again. From this final, rude, ungrateful conversation, I decided never to sell to this individual again. Anyways, I later sell it to "tiffany" and then a few months later I find that "bob" is in possession of the suit. This may be a HUGE misunderstanding, but since both bob and tiffany are ignoring my inquiries, I can only assume the worst. Tiffany tricked me into "selling" the suit to her only to give it to bob, who was so incredibly rude to me countless times. I believe the only restitution for this is to give me the suit back as I simply do not wish my wares to be worn by such a person. Naturally, I'll issue a full refund and I'll even pay for return shipping.

I didn't mean for this post to be so long, but I had to get all this off my chest.

Bob or tiffany, feel free to contact me, but if you do not wish to, that's fine too. Congratulations on tricking me.

With all this said, I feel like the lounge has simply become a stifling, hostile environment unbecoming of what it used to be. I'd like to formally request all traces of my identity removed from this site.

Thank you, I've had a good time while it lasted.

~SB

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

I agree. It is time for you to go. You obviously are unhappy here. We have not changed since you joined back in November of 2006. That is just over a year ago. What changed was your perspective. Which coincidently happened when we changed your status to vendor....which is not the same as being banned. That was done because you have a small business selling on e-bay. You violated long standing rules regarding selling here. You may not like it but that is our policy and was long before you requested to be a member here. As for singling you out, I call them as I see them. We don't catch every person that breaks the rules. We just deal with them when we discover them. You got caught. You don't like it. I am ok with that.

I hope you find a place where you can be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto