!! I want this house..... !!

Discussion in 'The Golden Era' started by HOP UP, Aug 4, 2011.

1. HOP UP

HOP UP Vendor

2. Zeropositive

Zeropositive Familiar Face

That is an awesome house, the Art Deco style is quite something and the price shows its value :)

3. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

Interesting that it is photographed devoid of furnishings. Over here, the real estate agent would likely have "staged" such a place before putting it on the market.

I understand why it appeals to you. Tons of potential there, once a person sees past that wallpaper and wall-to-wall carpeting.

Gotta wonder what the backstory is with this place. It's sitting vacant, and there's obvious damage to the ceiling in the living room. I can see the buyer immediately sinking tens of thousands into it before moving in.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  4. HOP UP

HOP UP Vendor

Id have to say that 100K would be needed to do the job right/justice- id LOVE to buy this place and restore it properly as a project.

If I was flush, Id buy this in a heartbeat. :D

Besides, it would give me somewhere era correct to park my 47 Chevy HAHA !! :eeek:

Rat

5. TM

TM A-List Customer

That looks like a very nice house. Badly photographed, unfortunately.
    Tony

6. Rathdown

Rathdown Practically Family

Interesting... but with a lousy floor plan. I suspect it's more of a '50s "modern" house rather than a pukka Art Deco period house.

7. Darren van Ek

Darren van Ek New in Town

1.2 million it sold for, not to mention what will need to be spent to get it up to scratch!

8. Stearmen

Stearmen I'll Lock Up

Million Dollar View

Be carefull what you wish fore! My dream house just came up for sale, what you see is basically what you get, it isn't very deep, just wide. The floor plan is lousy, with a complete bath with claw foot tub on the first floor, and shower on the second. No real room for much of a garage out back, without taking most of the yard. But, as you can see, it has that million dollar view! [​IMG] [​IMG]