Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ice Cream Social, Ideas?

16_sparrows

Vendor
Hello all, I'm going to be hosting an ice cream social next month. I'm looking for ideas on what to serve with the ice cream, decor and games/entertainment. I did a search both on Google and the FL forums but came up with little to no info. I know ice cream socials were big in the 1900s and would love to hear FLers ideas!

Key info:
• The party will be indoors (so no croquet or hoops, unfortunately)
• It will be 6 ladies; we are all making our own ice creams
• I already bought a skittles set (pins, not table top) and am super excited to put it to use!

Foofoogal

Banned
I would think little finger foods or something along the lines of a tea party.
Decor could be black and white stripes with pink?
Pick an era and use this as a theme. This era could also lead to certain party games done during this era? [huh]

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Does anyone still do this? I've thought about having an ice cream social. Anyone have any pointers, experiences, tips?

How about just a tea party, or a cordial party? You know, having friends over for a little thing, nothing too crazy?

DeaconKC

One Too Many
Pin the Tail on the Donkey?
And have some bowls with different toppings, maybe something like the old style salad dressing rotating servers?

Warden

One Too Many
Hello chums, found this thread and thought our latest radio show might be fitting. Our guest on the show was Gallones Ice Cream manufacturer / parlour retailer. They talked about there 100 year history and the favours over the decades.

The show is online, so if you would like to hear it, click on the link below

https://www.mixcloud.com/harryandedna/gallones-ice-cream/

21342591-a5d3-4db2-8f5c-8b14707bef8e.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ