Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ideal location/climate for leather jackets

Chicago winter isn’t as beautiful but certainly memorable. Like in 2011 when people just abandoned their cars on lake shore drive.
IMG_0453.jpeg

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When I lived on the San Francisco Penisula, I would wear a leather jacket most days except during a heat wave at least walking my dog 1st thing in the morning, sometimes I carried it once it warmed up. Now that I moved to the Sierra foothills I wore a leather jacket yesterday for the 1st time in months. An 30s Block Blit halfbelt. During cooler weather I do not rotate through my jackets as I did living in the Bay Area, I usually am wearing my heavy 50s Cal padded Cafe racer with a workwear attitude.

thekiyote

Familiar Face
Chicago winter isn’t as beautiful but certainly memorable. Like in 2011 when people just abandoned their cars on lake shore drive. View attachment 544130
Thundersnow! I remember when that happened, I lived in the burbs then and was doing improv in the city and had a show that night. I came THIS close to driving out at around 2pm (figuring I’d hang out in a coffee shop and it’d clear out by the time it was over) but ended up wisely bailing, otherwise it’d have been one of my cars in that pileup.

But yeah, living near (<1 mile) from the lake now definitely increases the time I can wear my leather jackets. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve started wearing them not quite as tight so I can layer.

Still is only about four or five months out of the year, though the temperature swings enough I don’t look weird if it happens to be too warm for a jacket at this particular moment. I’m still waiting for the temperature to drop out of the 90s come Wednesday though.

Thundersnow! I remember when that happened, I lived in the burbs then and was doing improv in the city and had a show that night. I came THIS close to driving out at around 2pm (figuring I’d hang out in a coffee shop and it’d clear out by the time it was over) but ended up wisely bailing, otherwise it’d have been one of my cars in that pileup.

But yeah, living near (<1 mile) from the lake now definitely increases the time I can wear my leather jackets. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve started wearing them not quite as tight so I can layer.

Still is only about four or five months out of the year, though the temperature swings enough I don’t look weird if it happens to be too warm for a jacket at this particular moment. I’m still waiting for the temperature to drop out of the 90s come Wednesday though.
Yeah this weekend has really pushed me over the edge. Turned into a complete (or arguably, even bigger) asshole. I just hate this heat this late in the season.

SteveOneMoreAero

New in Town
Somewhere cool to cold. If I were choosing where to live based on leather jackets, though, I'd check myself in for a serious talking-to :)

I'm in Hong Kong. It's jacket weather for about three months a year, but I'd not be anywhere else for, as they say, all the rice in China.
I saw a guy on Hong Kong wearing a B3. In summer. He looked European too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner