Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I have THIS on hand, what can I make?

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Hi, all you lovely experts! I'm rubish at the whole mixed drink thing, but I want to be good at it. I always go into a panic in a bar when I'm asked what I'd like to drink, as I've never come up with my "signature" drink.

My question for you all today is: If I have vodka, Hendricks gin, not-excellent whiskey, blackberry whiskey, Tia Maria, a small amount of Triple Sec, some Irish Mist, so Creme de Cassis, and a small amount of Framboise on hand, what is a good drink I could mix up in a small pitcher to surprise my husband when he gets home? It seems every drink I look at, I'm missing some key ingredient! (and gosh... I have a LOT of sweet stuff, don't I?)

I also have lemons, grapefruits, wines (I think all red), and not really any kind of mixer on hand... Oh, and I just found some Midori and Limoncello in the fridge when I was looking for mixers (which ... I still don't have...).

Dazzle me with your brilliance, Loungers, so I can dazzle my husband :eek:

Wire9Vintage

A-List Customer
Excellent. Greyhounds worked quite nicely, thank you. And I added just a splash of Triple Sec to sweeten it up a bit. Lovely. And we actually have a greyhound, so how appropriate (?!).

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
Wire9Vintage said:
Excellent. Greyhounds worked quite nicely, thank you. And I added just a splash of Triple Sec to sweeten it up a bit. Lovely. And we actually have a greyhound, so how appropriate (?!).

Tweren't nothing ma'am (tips hat) :D

anon`

One Too Many
Crème de cassis is one of two basic ingredients for a kir and it's variants. The basic kir mixes crème de cassis and white wine at ratios varying from 1:3 to 1:5. Numerous variations exist (virtually any wine can be used, as can ciders and apparently even milk or ale). Your basic kir makes for a very good summer drink, IMNSHO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo