Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I was a rich businessman, this is what I would wear to work on my head each day of the week...

Abraham

One of the Regulars
If I was a rich businessman, this is what I would wear to work on my head each week:

On Mondays a nice gray Homburg to start out the week:
Homburg-Hat-with-light-grey-brim-edge-black-hat-band.jpg

Tuesdays I would celebrate my heritage with a black Bolero/Gaucho hat:
GF491-2b-600x600.jpg

On Wednesdays a nice Akubra Campdraft in silverbelly:
Camp_Draft00561.jpg

On Thursdays I would get serious with an Akubra top hat:
Top_Hat00526_large.jpg

Fridays would likely be a Stetson Open Road:
61QRO1uB84L._UX385_.jpg

During heavy negotiations I would keep a fine Tricorne close at hand:
Revolutionary-War-Deluxe-Colonial-Tricorn-Hat-Pirate-Hat-0-1.jpg

If I had to come in on a Saturday morning I would wear a nice Panama Gambler:
PAOHIDGCODCCGHFB.jpg

How about you? ;)

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Well Aaron, at my age I believe a wealthy business future lies behind me - and the dream about buying that hat is probably even more fictive. On the other hand ... we should never stop dreaming :D

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Monday I would wear one of Allens.
Tuesday I would wear one of Meysers.
Wednesday I would wear one Hatophiles.
Thursday I would wear one of Moons.
Friday I would wear one of 40 Cal's.
Saturday I would one of 1mach1's.
Sunday I would wear one of Tommy K's.
On week two... You get the idea!

I would buy a specific Knox 100 from an esteemed lounger and wear it every day :)

View attachment 45980
Ole,

That is a great picture...love that setting!

If I was a rich businessman I would usually wear my Optimo on the way to my office at about 10:00 am, make a couple of phone calls after reviewing the morning WSJ before breaking for a 90 min power lunch. After returning from lunch I'd have some instructions for my staff, make a a couple of phone calls to set up a future power lunch before grabbing the Optimo & calling it a day at about 2:00 pm.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
If I were a rich businessman, I would watch with hawk like eye the auctions, vintage shops, Ebay, and Etsy for dynamite vintage fedoras. My wardrobe would be full of hats that I could walk up to, reach for one on a whim, set it on my head and perhaps choose a second as a "reserve" for part of the day. Having choices would be grand.

Wait........you do not have to be a rich businessman to dream or in order to have a hat wardrobe! You can be much more ordinary. You could even be a short balding fellow.

i-JCk2wDj-L.jpg

You could have many shade choices.

i-96QXWxv-XL.jpg

You could have hats ready at the wait.

In the pursuit of hat perfection sometimes we find hat excellence. That is worthy in my eye. Patience and diligence in the pursuit pay off in the long run. On with the show.

Best, Eric -

I think, a rich business-man would dress, like I did, the last two days.

Nice and well-made 20 Euro-massmarket-NoName-flatcaps and a nice, black and priceworth quilted jacket. :D;)

If I were a rich businessman, I would watch with hawk like eye the auctions, vintage shops, Ebay, and Etsy for dynamite vintage fedoras. My wardrobe would be full of hats that I could walk up to, reach for one on a whim, set it on my head and perhaps choose a second as a "reserve" for part of the day. Having choices would be grand.

Wait........you do not have to be a rich businessman to dream or in order to have a hat wardrobe! You can be much more ordinary. You could even be a short balding fellow.

i-JCk2wDj-L.jpg

You could have many shade choices.

i-96QXWxv-XL.jpg

You could have hats ready at the wait.

In the pursuit of hat perfection sometimes we find hat excellence. That is worthy in my eye. Patience and diligence in the pursuit pay off in the long run. On with the show.

Best, Eric -

I may have just shed a tear.

TheDane

Call Me a Cab
Ole,

That is a great picture...love that setting!
I absolutely agree! I grabbed it from one of Alan's postings in the Classifieds - and Lotsahats was the lucky buyer.

I still believe it's the most beautiful American hat I've seen on TFL. Without doubt it's the most perfect felted edge I've ever seen. So even and sharply pressed/shackled ... outstanding! =)

Lotsahats

One Too Many
I absolutely agree! I grabbed it from one of Alan's postings in the Classifieds - and Lotsahats was the lucky buyer.

I still believe it's the most beautiful American hat I've seen on TFL. Without doubt it's the most perfect felted edge I've ever seen. So even and sharply pressed/shackled ... outstanding! =)

I wore it for you today. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto