Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'll Take Manhattan....

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Wow, folks, today I got a new fedora from our own Art Fawcett at Vintage Silhouettes. A few threads back, Art posted a photo of his newest hat, called the Manhattan, and, when I saw it, and especially in the silver mist color I had been searching for, I decided it was time to contact him. Now, I have the most perfect light gray hat!

Will try to get some photos of it. It is the Manhattan, but has a lighter, thinner ribbon put on it at my request. I asked Art to make it a 5 inch hat rather than the taller 5 3/4". I also asked for little or no taper and got that, too. So, it fits my rounded face.

I put it on this morning, it is still gracing my head, and would wear it to bed but decided that is not such a good idea.

Wore it to lunch, assuming I would be the only fedora wearer in the world here in Des Moines, only to find I was seated near a group of Red Hat Society gals. (Nice not to be the Lone Ranger.)

Boy, am I thrilled with this hat. Gotta get some photos of it.

karol

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Karol...

Congrats on what I'm sure is a beauthiful hat...I look forward to seeing some photos. Your chance encounter could well become the underpinnings of the forthcoming "Red Fedora Society" once the other ladies see what all hats aspire to be! ;)

- John

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Just great...

Karol,
Can't wait to see your new custom hat. I was just thinking we are so lucky to have found the Fedora Lounge. If not we would not have found such great hat and cap makers.:D :eusa_clap :D Plus a ton of new friends.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Yes, I feel so fortunate to have found this site. Not only do I have people to chat with every day on a variety of topics, but I have found Art and Steve as well as Brett at B!Wear caps. For a modest amount of money, I have acquired some quality hats and caps.

Will try to get some photos of the new hat a.s.a.p. Art did display it on another thread some weeks ago, which prompted me to contact him and order the Manhattan fedora.

karol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk