Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm singing at PBG's wedding!!!

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
Okay, well, Dan doesn't know it yet, so don't tell him. It's a surprise and gift for letting me be invloved with the archaeology brushes.

Truth be told, I'd love to do this, and I think PrettyBigGuy and PrettyLittleGirl would find the budget just right. At almost 33 years of age, if there's anything I still want to do (like bordering on career, not just hobby) it is to sing with a big band or combo. The Bingstress married one and Mrs. C married one at heart. By the way, we just celebrated 10 years last weekend, 8-27. She's a doll. A wonder. Oh, I could go on and on...but I digress. I do have a Sinatra gig tomorrow, so that's something, I guess. Back up tracks will have to do for now.

So, what's the point of this post, you ask? Just a little time while my lunch settles and putting off paying bills.

Have a great weekend, everybody.

Cab

Big-T

Familiar Face
Yo Cab,

You go for it Bro. If you are EVER in Dallas, and I have a gig, we'll get you up on stage.

What you just said, is EXACTLY what I said a few years ago, and look at the gift I have been given now.

Honest Injun, you just let me know how I can help, and I will be there.

~Excited for the Cabi-na-tor

Big-T

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
T, you're awsome. Somehow, I felt that after I posted that, something would happen. Kind of like a leap of faith or something, you know? Maybe not quite that grand, but I had a really strong feeling about it yesterday. Maybe it's divine urging. Maybe not. Big-T, you are divine, right?

I'll send you a pm with my e-mail so we don't get horribly out of touch or off topic with the forum.

Cab

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
There's nothing terribly off topic about this post. I think we all like to hear about the aspirations and hobbies of our friends, especially when it's something as cool as this.

I wish I had the gumption that you do. I enjoy singing as much as the next bloke, but doing it in front of people is something that I would have to work at.

Have you ever heard Rusty Draper sing "Night Life"? If not, here it is in mp3 format. It's just over 2mb, and it should play with any windows media player, or most any other computer music player. Right click-"Save Target As"

One of my favorites, and something I can imagine singing in front of people. :)

http://zohar79.shackspace.com/gear/...d Soundtrack-11-Rusty Draper - Night Life.mp3

Cabinetman

A-List Customer
PBG, Good morning!

You know, if a whole slew of criteria were met, it's not that outrageous of an idea.

I wondered what you'd think seeing this post in the wee small hours (How much longer will you be working this shift, by the way?). If nothing else, perhaps it made for a bright, albeit confusing, spot for you in the night. While it would be awesome, I assume nothing. Heck, even if that "whole slew of criteria" were met, I'd never actually bring it up to you. That would be very bad manners, unless truly offered as a gift. That brings to mind something from 10 years ago: A dear friend of ours wanted to make our wedding cake as her gift to us. We could pick anything we wanted. So we did, and it was picture perfect and tasted good, to boot. We also had to pay her $75.00, which is chicken feed when it comes to wedding cakes, yes, but we thought it humorous that we had to pay for our "gift."

No, I just read your post about needing to find an inexpensive band to play at Sir Winston's, so I just had a little fun with it. It's true about my aspirations, though. Maybe more of a fantasy, but wouldn't that be neat?

I better go to the shop now. Those bills yesterday afternoon got the better of me!

Cab

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Nathan,
That post certainly did catch me off guard! At this point in our wedding plans, any and all avenues are being explored. You've got eight months to get your chops, put together a backup band and knock our socks off! You know, there is still the big COW event going on here in Long Beach in November. Why don't you and Cabinetwoman pack up the Cabinetlings and head on out. There will be enough of us around to push the Elvis impersonator off the Observation Bar stage and you can belt out some standards for us? Now that would be an audition!
Thanks for the midnight chuckle! As of now, there is no end in sight for my nocturnal lifestyle.
PBG

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Originally posted by Big-T
Yo Cab,

You go for it Bro. If you are EVER in Dallas, and I have a gig, we'll get you up on stage.

Big-T
Big T, you caught my attention with this...I'm in Arlington. What kinda gigs do you have going on? I might wanna catch one of your shows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points