Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Imagine!

freehandbash

New in Town
:eusa_clap Imagine how elated I was to find out that there is a forum dedicated to fine hattery, new/old. As I myself have not only wore finer hats (fedoras/westerns)since I was 16,but also have been romanticaly involved with owning,repairing,cleaning,reshaping,resizing and restructuring(new ribbons,new sweatbands,narrowing brim widths) felt/straw hats from the very beginning (45 years old now) I have been intently reading along for about 4 months and have listened,learned,agreed,disagreed and followed along with you guys from a distance untill wee hours of the morning more times than I care to admit! I now have become a member(thankyou) and feel I have gotten to know ya'll a little, I should hope that now some of you guys would want to know a little about me. Now that you've allowed me to join up please allow me to join in with ya'lls conversations on our like passion. I do not have the in depth knowledge some of you possess. what I do have is hands on, trial and error,self taught (somewhat)expertise with hats of all kinds. I dearly love it :p . Also what I have is 10 or so vintage hats that I call mine (7 1/4) and well over 100 quality vintage/near new hats that I,and my wife :rolleyes: would like to sell of all sizes (most likely e-bay. keep an eye out for them soon under "freehandedbasher")
Please take no offense in my avatar pic (I'm no mad hater, just a mad hatter:D )as I have respect for ALL people who have earned it and show malice only toward those who have worked extra hard to evoke it. also, I am now becoming somewhat of a civil war history/collecting junkie.
Anyway, nuff info fer now. I look forward to chatting with ya'll and learning more hat history as it unfolds here at the lounge!!:eusa_clap

freehandbash

New in Town
Well GTdean,I am willing,... But not able. I tried to post some pics on the thread "what hat are you wearing" till late in the night but could'nt. I guess it may have something to do with being a new member and not being allowed to post new attachments???[huh] I'm fairly new to this PC gig and do'nt know how to manuver around it much. So GT, you COULD just mosey on down here through Alapaha again an look at them first hand seeins how you hav'nt been here in a while.;) Plus, If your avatar is any indication that you ride then come on your iron steed and we'll go fer a spin around Valdosta! I own a customed out 1500 intruder that do'nt seem to embarrass me too much,even round the Harley folks. I might would have bought american iron but when the wife wants her OWN bike,TWO harley's are out of the question for my wallet.
And yes, I have a small quanity of melon lids but only up to 7 5/8's. One thats a really nice ole beater type stetson c-crown fedora 30's or 40's model. I need to get JW hats to send me a darker silver ribbon than the one she sent me for it last time.
Thank you all for making me feel welcome. I appreciate gentelmen like hospitality and am sure we'll be getting along fine. But I sure hope you do'nt mind a kidder round these parts. I've been known pull a leg er two now and then. not saying I'd try to pull ones leg clean off mind you. just tug on it a little......the leg....JUST the leg!................ (NOW you can snicker)

Any Pristine 7-5/8's

I'd be very interested to know what you might have in the 7-5/8 size, anything Pristine? Let me know if you do or if you go to post any in the classified. I'm a 7-3/4 but the 5/8 works...Thanks

freehandbash said:
Well GTdean,I am willing,... But not able. I tried to post some pics on the thread "what hat are you wearing" till late in the night but could'nt. I guess it may have something to do with being a new member and not being allowed to post new attachments???[huh] I'm fairly new to this PC gig and do'nt know how to manuver around it much. So GT, you COULD just mosey on down here through Alapaha again an look at them first hand seeins how you hav'nt been here in a while.;) Plus, If your avatar is any indication that you ride then come on your iron steed and we'll go fer a spin around Valdosta! I own a customed out 1500 intruder that do'nt seem to embarrass me too much,even round the Harley folks. I might would have bought american iron but when the wife wants her OWN bike,TWO harley's are out of the question for my wallet.
And yes, I have a small quanity of melon lids but only up to 7 5/8's. One thats a really nice ole beater type stetson c-crown fedora 30's or 40's model. I need to get JW hats to send me a darker silver ribbon than the one she sent me for it last time.
Thank you all for making me feel welcome. I appreciate gentelmen like hospitality and am sure we'll be getting along fine. But I sure hope you do'nt mind a kidder round these parts. I've been known pull a leg er two now and then. not saying I'd try to pull ones leg clean off mind you. just tug on it a little......the leg....JUST the leg!................ (NOW you can snicker)

freehandbash

New in Town
Unfortunatly for all you fedora challenged heads out there,I have focused more on the 7 3/8's size and down. You guys, because of rarity are willing to spend too much money on a hat. maybe you should think about a trip to Zimbobway and see a witch doctor about resizing your head.[huh] lol ......I know I have when I see some super hats (whippetts even) go low on the hog! :-0
I have only three 7 1/2's and two 7 5/8's niether of which will fill the bill for what you want. sorry.
btw, most of what I have hovers around a 7 1/4 size but I have some really nice 7's and 6 7/8's that I know wo'nt do well on the Bay. Anyone here interested in small really great iconic hats for say.....40,50 bucks? if so I'll figure out how to upload pics soon. right now I have to finish hanging a door.:(

freehandbash

New in Town
There are 20 or so 1/4,...15 or so 3/8... 15 or so 1/8....15 or so 7's ....10 or so 6 7/8
Sorry, none of these for sale are what I consider iconic stetsons ; strats,playboys,whippetts,flagships and the like.I do have one really clean near new well shaped 3/8's 70's open road 10 x with faux draw string in sweat!
Though all of my hats are very much desirable as I do'nt keep junk hats.
alot of them are what I would term typical fedoras that some of you here would'nt be interested in (read short brimed, short crowned). I do have some really nice ones though (read wide brimed tall crown very vintage)especially in the smaller sizes (one almost pristine whippet clone,grey mallory "ten" that smells wonderfull!! the sweatband looks good but looking closer you'll find a hairline crack or two in the finish).
all my hats are ready to wear,clean and in the best of condition. All shaped to perfection! some with new sweatbands and new ribbons. I also have about 15 nice,nice westerns.

I actually prefer early resistol fedora's:cool2: ,Though most of my personal hats are Stetsons. 1 beautiful late 60's light cream colored playboy, a 40's greyishblue st.regis royal de luxe homburg(super mint!) an early,early cavanagh black homburg(super mint that I might sell) And a very special 40's dk.tan dobbs wide brim fedora (stratoliner like) 50's resistol dk.tan open road, etc.
Like I said,worthlesswithoutpics I will have pics as soon as I figure this machine out!:mad:

Woodfluter

Practically Family
Adding to the rest...welcome Mr. Freehandbash, and I hope you enjoy being here! I see you're in Georgia as well - have a number from these parts. Keep posting and we'll see you around.

- Bill

P.S. About pulling legs...you can plainly see we're all deathly serious here! lol

As long as it is 2 wheels, it is good with me. I have a 1979 Honda 750 in the garage as well, but my son seems to claim that scooter. The FAQ thread will point you to the picture posting particulars. I thought the only limited activity was Private Messaging... [huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theartboxstore