Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In Almost Every Picture #7

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
*I didn't see this posted anywhere, so I hope I'm bring something new to the table.

In Almost Every Picture #7

"In almost every picture #7 tells the story of a Dutch woman whose life is seen from the point of view of a fairground shooting gallery.

The chronological series begins in 1936, when a 16-year-old girl from Tilburg in Holland picks up a gun and shoots at the target in a shooting gallery. Every time she hits the target, it triggers the shutter of a camera and a portrait of the girl in firing pose is taken and given as a prize.

And so a lifelong love affair with the shooting gallery begins. This series documents almost every year of the woman's life (there is a conspicuous pause from 1939 to 1945) up until present times.

At the age of 88 Ria van Dijk still makes her pilgrimage to the Shooting Gallery.

In almost every picture #7 is a biography of one woman's life from an unusual perspective, one which allows us to witness the times she lived in, as well as acting as a revealing look at the changing face of photography through the decades.
"

Undertow

It is a shame these pictures load so slowly. In fact, after looking most of them over, the pages stopped loading altogether. I suppose the increased traffic was too much a strain. :eusa_doh:

Undertow

I revisited this site and the pictures seem to be loading better. I was finally able to complete the series. Very interesting set of photos. Almost even a little eerie to watch a person grow old right before your eyes.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Hmmm. They loaded quickly for me. Inscrutable computers, I suspect, minds of their own.

"Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could *pinch* them"

marvin_martian.jpg

Fidena

One of the Regulars
I revisited this site and the pictures seem to be loading better. I was finally able to complete the series. Very interesting set of photos. Almost even a little eerie to watch a person grow old right before your eyes.

Seconded. When it got towards the 70s, I started cheering her on to just make it one more year each time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points