Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In search of a site once mentioned...

Scuffy

One of the Regulars
I'm going a bit crazy here... (no comments from the peanut gallery! :p )

At one time, whether it was here or at COW I can not remember, there was a website referenced that sold some of the most amazing little adventure tools. Anything from brass compasses to what I remember to be WWI binoculars (reproduction of course). They had the little round "Bobby" style police whistles and other such gear. It was NOT a war/reenactment based site. But more of a vintage appreciation based store. Unfortunately this description could lend itself to dozens of different sites. But if anyone would have any ideas or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you so much!!!

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Hmm, thanks for the link, Heeresbergführer! Another place to suck my paycheck dry. The carrier pigeon baskets, of all things, caught my eye. Might be a handy way to transport lighter gear, or pack fragile artifacts.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Was it Internaitonal Military Antiques (IMA)? The used to have the "Bobby" Whistle at one time and had a fantastically illustrated catalog. It was mostly antiques with a molitary flavor, but they are now selling reproductions as well. You can still get the "Bobby" helmet there.

http://www.ima-usa.com/

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch