Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In which WWII army should you have fought?

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Try this quiz!
Click for WWIIquiz

as for myself, I shouldve been in Finland
1148462572Suomi.jpg

Yes, Ive been there once & yes I did like it.

Feraud

Bartender
It appears I am suited for service in Poland.
Your army is Poland's army. Your tenacity will form a concept in the history of your nation and you're also ready to continue fighting even if your country is occupied by the enemy. Other nations that are included in this category are Greece, Norway, Belgium and the Netherlands.

Interesting...
the quiz said:
You scored as a Poland
Your army is Poland's army. Your tenacity will form a concept in the history of your nation and you're also ready to continue fighting even if your country is occupied by the enemy. Other nations that are included in this category are Greece, Norway, Belgium and the Netherlands.

Not quite such good news, as a lot of Polish troops were excessively fanatical in pursuit of the enemy, when living to fight another day might have enabled them to cause much more damage later...

Just for pure heck of it, I firewalled each answer to max-disagree and got a tiebreaker: If more agreement to "partisan/guerrilla=cool", France; if more "uniforms=KEWL!" Italy.

"Max agree on everything" gets a 4-way tiebreaker:
->"Accuracy beats rate of fire"=British/Commonwealth
->"Soldier's death=beautiful death"=Japan
->"Desperation makes me stronger"=Poland
->"infantry=effective tankbuster"=Finland

"Straight down the middle"=9-way faceoff.
->"Political instruction essential"=Soviets
->"Accuracy first"=British/Commonwealth
->"Soldier's death=good way to go"=Japan
->"Uniforms cool"=Italy
->"Desperation makes me stronger"=Poland
->"infantry=effective tankbuster"=Finland
->"AMMO: best in BULK Quantities!"=the USA
->"Guerrilla=FUN!"=France
->"Like military marches"=Germany

Just for giggles...

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Call me Finnish, it works. Grandpa owned a Lahti L39 and the Finns were the only nation to make good use of the Brewster Buffalo.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
All these Finns!

Let's not forget which side the Finns fought on. (I know, not really relevant to the topic, but still . . .) I've always felt they were the only nation who can be forgiven for fighting with the Axis, given their situation vis a vis the USSR. There is some interesting film showing Hitler conferring with the Finnish leader (can't remember his name?!) around 1942. Anyway the Finn looks VERY unhappy. They were in a very touchy situation.

Paratrooper

Familiar Face
dhermann1 said:
Let's not forget which side the Finns fought on. (I know, not really relevant to the topic, but still . . .) I've always felt they were the only nation who can be forgiven for fighting with the Axis, given their situation vis a vis the USSR. There is some interesting film showing Hitler conferring with the Finnish leader (can't remember his name?!) around 1942. Anyway the Finn looks VERY unhappy. They were in a very touchy situation.
The person that you are loking for is Carl Gustav Mannerheim (and he always looked unhappy)
As an American of Finnish decent I have to often point out that officially they were co-belgeriants of the Germans the whole enemy of my enemy type of thing.
Plus at thier end of the war with the USSR they had to declaire war on the Germans so from the year 1939 to 1945 Finland fought 3 wars The Winter War, The Contuniation War and The Lappland War. Plus they were the 1st country to pay off the "fines" that the Alied side impossed on the lossers.
But I can go on and on about this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana