Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In which WWII army should you have fought?

leaette

A-List Customer
I emailed this quiz to my good friend who is currently serving in the Army. He's in his mid-30s and has been in the Army since he was 18. A "gung-ho" kinda guy.
His result was the French. HAHAHAH. man was he mad about that. I couldn't stop laughing for a good 10 min.

dostacos

Practically Family
well I got Poland too. [gotta watch out for that fight to the last man nonsense :)]

I would have wanted to be a Marine

looking back on it NOW.

In 1969 I took a 1A in the draft, they did not call I did not volunteer different times, different rules.

Shaul-Ike Cohen

One Too Many
------- Finland---69%
------- British and the Commonwealth---63%
------- Poland---56%
------- United States---44%
------- France, Free French and the Resistance---44%
------- Soviet Union---38%
------- Italy---31%
------- Germany---19%
------- Japan---19%

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
leaette said:
I emailed this quiz to my good friend who is currently serving in the Army. He's in his mid-30s and has been in the Army since he was 18. A "gung-ho" kinda guy.
His result was the French. HAHAHAH. man was he mad about that. I couldn't stop laughing for a good 10 min.
The French get such a bum rap because of 1940. They fought their hearts out in WW I, and have great records in many other conflicts. Their internal politics has been their undoing, as it was in 1940. I would bet that their present day armed forces are, man for man (person for person?) comparable to any in the world. As aggravating as he was, you can't say Charles DeGaulle didn't have a lot of fight in him.

Cobden

Practically Family
Thankfully, I got British and Commonwealth too.

I wonder why just Britain and the Commonwealth, though? Why not the Empire as well :p

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
dhermann1 said:
The French get such a bum rap because of 1940. They fought their hearts out in WW I, and have great records in many other conflicts. Their internal politics has been their undoing, as it was in 1940. I would bet that their present day armed forces are, man for man (person for person?) comparable to any in the world. As aggravating as he was, you can't say Charles DeGaulle didn't have a lot of fight in him.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap Well said, dhermann1.
I am almost through reading Churchills "Memoirs of WWII" - and even old Winston had plenty of admiration for the french army, navy and airforce.

RIOT

Practically Family
I would have liked to have fought for Der Wüstenfuchs, Herr Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, in the ranks of his Afrika Korps 7.Panzer-Division. Gespenster-Division! The Ghost Division!

DeeDub

One of the Regulars
Spitfire said:
OK lets start it now - it seems like the good guys outnumber the bad guys.:)

The other way around would make a better movie.

Either way, we'd be mates. I'm British and Commonwealth, too.

leaette

A-List Customer
Riot: you sound like my husband. He is a German armor expert. He is OBSESSED with anything German WW2 armor related. He even has a Tiger tank tattoo.
I used to have a hamster named Rommel. hahaha

RIOT

Practically Family
leaette said:
Riot: you sound like my husband. He is a German armor expert. He is OBSESSED with anything German WW2 armor related. He even has a Tiger tank tattoo.
I used to have a hamster named Rommel. hahaha

He must be a great man that husband of yours :)

I am sure we both agree that the PzKpfw.VI Tiger I tank was the best at it's time. Much feared with it's 88mm KwK 36L/56 gun. He did beat me on that Tiger tank tattoo idea, I will just have to get a King Tiger for mine ;)

Don't tell me his favorite tank commanders are Michael Wittman & Otto Carius as well.

RIOT said:
He must be a great man that husband of yours :)

I am sure we both agree that the PzKpfw.VI Tiger I tank was the best at it's time. Much feared with it's 88mm KwK 36L/56 gun. He did beat me on that Tiger tank tattoo idea, I will just have to get a King Tiger for mine ;)

Don't tell me his favorite tank commanders are Michael Wittman & Otto Carius as well.
King Tiger? Just a mere King Tiger? Why not decisively win the "mine's bigger than yours" arms-race with a Maus?
Moskau01.jpg

http://www.lonesentry.com/articles/maus/index.html

RIOT

Practically Family
That would definitely win me the arms race, but not the popularity with women.

The Panzerkampfwagen VIII is simply not as easy on the eyes as the
Tiger I or Tiger II

Have I just moved this post off topic? If so, my apologies

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points