Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indiana Jones - shunned?

BogieMcFly

New in Town
Hey everybody... I just came over here from COW, beginning to grow a general interest in what we call the "Golden Era." I'd like to say though that I was a bit uncomfortable at first, registering and posting, because it sort of seemed to me that the people here looked down on Indy, at least a little bit. I know there are members of COW here besides me, and I know they don't look down on him.

Could it be that I got this idea that he was looked down upon here because it's not an Indy forum? Maybe, because Indy isn't the focus here, I feel this way. Maybe it's because I've seen so many posts that say that "My first fedora was an Indy fedora, but I've moved on," or things to that effect.

I'd just like to hear some thoughts on this concept - what is the general opinion of Indy, here at the Lounge?

In Christ,
Shane

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Raiders of the Lost Ark is my favorite movie. I love Indy, but my vintage interests started independant of Indy. My first, and only, fedora is an Indy fedora. I love the Indiana Jones trilogy! It is the best trilogy ever made, in my opinion. Welcome to the lounge!
Lauren

LuckyLighter

Familiar Face
Hey there, Shane. It's great to see you here. I just joined as well, and everybody has been really cool so far.

I hope you have as much fun and enjoyment as I have had here so far.

Rob

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Indy wears a fedora, this is a hat forum... Indy hats are welcome here. I see no issue.

Heck the jacket section was designed to bring in not only bogie enthusiastsk, but Indy leather wearers.

We have had discussions on the Raiders hats and the suits Ford wears in the movies on this lounge and he is as much a part of theis forum as anyother hero that wears felt.

Retro Grouch

One of the Regulars
Originally posted by BogartMcFly
I'd like to say though that I was a bit uncomfortable at first, registering and posting, because it sort of seemed to me that the people here looked down on Indy, at least a little bit.

I don't look down on you because your Indy. LOL

I guess I'm a little clueless about the whole Indy/COW thing. Got any websites? I found my way here because a love of vintage hats and clothes. Mostly hats. Just kinda like the people here.

Welcome ;)
Tom

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
As you look around this site more you'll notice two things keep popping up: Bogart and Indy.
Don't worry, you're in fine company.
Welcome.

Finding this site might be you "density" as another McFly once said.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
I have heard weird rumors about Indy being shunned here. That is nonsense. I used to be the administrator at COW and was a staff member long before that.

As long as I am running this joint, Indiana Jones fans will be welcomed here. Raiders of the Lost Ark is the best adventure film ever made and it has done more than anything else to help newer generations know what a fedora is.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
The Adventure is Alive!

I think someone or some people mistake the civility here for snobbery. All are welcome. This is a polite place. I love Indy and the part it did to bring back those Saturday afternoon serials, and fedora hats!

Sadly, many of the other sites are devoted or lean towards being negative towards others. We don't do that here.

Michaelson

One Too Many
Other than that, we don't want no stink'n Indy fans in here. :rage: ;)
Howdy! Yes, you'll see a LOT of familiar names and posts over here, Shane! Nicest bunch of folks you can ask for (next to COW:fedora: ;) ) and just as 'fanatical' about hats and the 'Golden Era' as 'we' are about discussing Indy gear. Glad to see you here too!

Unfortunately, you'll find Indiana Jess here too, writing under the name 'Coffee Dude', so I'll warn you in advance.

:D :coffee:

High regards. Michaelson

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider