Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy at Knudsens

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm amused by the options available:

Sweat and Dirt Stains $20.00
Heavy Stains $30.00

They forgot to list:

Cleaning $50.00

lol

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Well it is a bit pricey and not where I would look to get an Indy hat. There are one or two cowboy I wouldn't mind.
Fedoralover...what's your opinion of their hats in general? Are any of them worth the purchase?
Thanks[huh]

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
Well their 10X off the shelf hats are around $260. At the most they may have 50% beaver in them. For another 45.00 you can get Art to make a totally custom 100% beaver felt hat. So I'd have to say, no they aren't worth it when you have that option.

I was probably a little harsh on their Indy hat, but it really gets tiresome seeing these ads that claim to have Indiana Jones replica's when all they really have in common is that they are brown hats.

fedoralover

AlanC said:
I'm amused by the options available:

Sweat and Dirt Stains $20.00
Heavy Stains $30.00

They forgot to list:

Cleaning $50.00

lol

If I hadn't seen with my own eyes pre-shredded blue jeans selling for ridiculous sums I would have thought that website was a parody.
We've been over this "faux old" territory before, so I'll resist the urge to rail against it at length. (I could go on and on.) Suffice it to say it is as phony as can be, and silly, frankly.
But should you ever run across a person looking to part with some big bucks for a GENUINE well-used hat (er, excuse me, that should be "pre-owned"), send him my way. I'll even throw in some moth nibbles free.

Lamont Cranston

New in Town
Indy Hat

I do not really understand this Indiana Jones Fascination.
But if you wish to have that style of a fedora, and you are willing .
Having Art make you a hat would be an excellent idea.

However; If I were you I would search for a vintage Stratoliner in brown.
I have one and it is amazing!.It is the real thing.
If you do not like the narrow band you can switch it out for a wider one.
I would keep it all vintage.
If you can ever find one in your size, you will love it!

carter

I'll Lock Up
fedoralover said:
Well their 10X off the shelf hats are around $260. At the most they may have 50% beaver in them. For another 45.00 you can get Art to make a totally custom 100% beaver felt hat. So I'd have to say, no they aren't worth it when you have that option...
Agreed!

I don't intend to ever buy another production hat that even approaches one of Art's creations financially. For that kind of money, a custom hat is the only way to go in my opinion.

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
^Agreed.

And if you want the Indy hat, Adventurebilt is still below that price. Of course you have to wait for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112