Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy Cowboy

dr greg

One Too Many
I was watching a doco on the famous RM Williams on tv the other night , and this old 40's (?) promo for the company had a truck delivering a catalogue to a drover in the outback....the look interested me: this is how Australian 'cowboys' or stockmen as we call them dressed back then...check the jacket/hat combo...you'll have to excuse the pause button from the online source...here's the whole story if you're interested, it's available for a couple of days yet
http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/family-confidential/DO1306H004S00#playing

S11YRYg.jpg

Last edited:

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
I gather the man pictured is a very hard worker and does not spend a great deal of time in town, at least not while there is work to be completed.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is what drives me nuts about the whole "Hey, you look like Indiana Jones!" thing. A leather jacket and a wide-brimmed hat is simply a superbly functional combination, particularly for working outside.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
This is what drives me nuts about the whole "Hey, you look like Indiana Jones!" thing. A leather jacket and a wide-brimmed hat is simply a superbly functional combination, particularly for working outside.

Well, that gear was commonplace decades ago before those movies. But today if you dress like that, the appellation is probably warranted. ;)

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
I don't get people. I've been wearing a hat at a regular pace for about 2 months now, and I keep getting Indiana Jones comments, ironically on the two hats that AREN'T my Indy hat replica. The last time, it was while I was wearing a grey Stetson with a snap brim. It's like, wear a replica Indy hat: no Indy remarks; wear a random non-Indy related hat (which doesn't even look like a Herbert Johnson Poet to begin with), I get Indiana Jones remarks. [huh] I'm not even wearing leather jackets, either. Think it might be the short beard? :confused:

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
Well I guess we're talking about people who had never heard of Herbet Johnson, let alone the Poet. And thank God there are still people out there like that. I've had Indy comments wearing a white Tilley hat and a nylon windbreaker. I think wearing any hat will inspire the Indy comment from certain folk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points