Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy Gear Summit?

Fedora

Vendor
Hey, if any of you guys are going to the summit on the Queen Mary, please check out my handmade Indy fedora that I am sending. Pure beaver, and features my new lining, although it will have the old design sweat in place instead of the newer classier one. Plus my new sweats are better looking than this American Leather sweat. thanks Fedora

Geez, I wish I could be there but getting a flight out on such short notice would be a pain. The I would have to get to the airport three hours in advance. :( Darn. Maybe next year.
I expect all of you that attend to take plenty of pictures and post them here so I can live vicariously through you. :D

Regards to all,

J

Sergei

Gone Home
Here is the picture of the fedora, right out of the box:
IMG_0244-vi.jpg

Most people, without exception, thought the felt was real good. My experience with 100% beaver felts, are that they are usually thick and stiff. This one was not as thick, more floppy. It probably falls into line with the Optimo heavy weight felts.

The felt color was superb. Nice sheen that you would expect from a 100% beaver. The lining was silk and stiched. Very nice Ra headpiece logo imprinted in the silk liner. Very fine, leather
sweatband - roan leather, military grade.

The ribbon was very good. I like dark brown ribbons, and this was the darkest brown I have seen, almost black. It reminded me of the dark brown vintage ribbon that was on my Gary White fedora.

This was a Raiders fedora. The comments that I heard back, was the block seemed narrow. Since it was narrow, it gave the perception that the crown was real high. We measured the crown height, bashed and unbashed and it was reasonable. So the theory that the crown being narrow created a perception that the crown was taller.

Otherwise, that was really the only negative. And I am sure that Fedora can deal with it. Also, this being a 7 1/4, the crown height perception varies on the wearers face and body dimensions.

The greatest part of these hats from Fedora is the price.

Here below are the specs as given to me by Fedora:
100 per cent beaver, chocolate brown with Sudan Brown vintage ribbon. Roan sweat, military grade. Headpiece of Ra liner. Open crown height 5 3/4 inches, brim 2 7/8 x 2 5/8. Hat size 7 1/4, regular oval. This hat has the "Raiders Turn". Price of hats just like this one, or in Argentina pure beaver 225.00. I will also offer a 80 per cent nutria/20 per cent rabbit, for 185.00, and a 80 per cent rabbit/20 per cent nutria for 145.00. All made to your specs, or my discretion. Also, this hat is darker than the Argentina brown. The Argentina brown is close to the HJ in color.

-Sergei

Fedora

Vendor
Thanks for the kind words! I was afraid to send this hat, due to the fact, that it was a last minute decision, and it ended up being a rushed job. I pulled the hat off the block too soon, and it appears to have affected it in transit. I knew it as soon as I saw the pic posted of the hat, just out of the box. And that is why I offered to do a free reblock for whomever won it. I hate rushing a hat, but wanted to donate it to the cause. That's my story, and I am sticking to it. LOL Fedora

Sergei

Gone Home
Regardless, it was a very class act to provide a sample of your work for the QM door prize. BTW, has Andiana sent you a note yet? His mom wanted your address, but I told her that Andy had all the information he needed to make contact. So I am checking up to see if he has followed through.

-Sergie

Hey guys. I know this is an old thread but I just found this topic!
Yes, I am the offical winner of this GREAT Adventurebuilt from Fedora. I can't thank him enough for donating it to the raffle! I have it on right now, and usually only wear it to 'special' occasions....like eating breakfast at my kitchen table....
Seriously, the chances of a kid my age to be able to have such a sgreat lid like this? I am just in awe...

Anyways, I am OBSESSED with the hat, and for those who need agreat quality Fedora, consider this fine peice of art. Fedora, keep it up! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner