Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Inside a western hat shop

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Wow what a nice shop!!

Thanks John you have a great looking store and I liked seeing all the different things you use to make your hats. Love the mounts on the wall also. Looks like your business is booming for you with all your hats waiting to be blocked.

Thanks for sharing! :) :cool: :)

majormoore

Vendor
Very nice hat shop, glad to see the tools you have and use in your hat making business. One of the hands that rides with me has a hat you built , it is a nice hat and has been thru rain, snow and the mud, still holding up. Makes me wish I had one from you, but some of mine are from the other hatter in your state "Rich Rand". Pricing seems to be in line to me on the hats.

I'll be sending you a private e-mail.

Mike Moore

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
John, that is truly the mother of all hat shops. I really enjoy seeing all the equipment that goes into the making of a quality fedora. It doesn't appear you are in need of any business looking at all the orders setting there. Thanks for sharing.

fedoralover

hatflick1

Practically Family
Rocky Mountain High

A couple of years ago I attended the Cowboy Poetry Festival in Elko, NV and spoke to these folks. Great people and great hats. Not cheap. But quality.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Now thats a hat shop!! Everytime I go on this site, I learn about someone else in this business. I'm glad that there are more of us than I thought.
Keep up the good work John .:cool2:

Russ

One of the Regulars
Blown away

I'm speechless after seeing all those photos. I see there's even a 100% Beaver Fedora in a lightweight dress felt. After looking through all those styles, I decided I want one of each -- wanting is the easy part. Almost worth a trip to Montana, and I live in Tokyo!

Dear John Jr.,

Many thanks for the post, it is really great to see the type of equipment you are using to make these hats! Some of it looks like it goes back aways which lets you know that there are some things that are best when you follow traditional methods.

Great looking hats! Perhaps you can let us know a little more about any fedora styles you are making and if there are any different pricing shedules you follow for fedoras, as a smaller and lighter hat than your western styles.

If you get a chance you may outline the proceedures and explain some more about the use of these devices. Some are self explanitory by name, while others, I don't really know what they do and how they are used.

On behalf of the crew here at Fedora Lounge, thanks again at a great glimpse at the making side.

Sincerely,

vespasian

One of the Regulars
If I was wearing one right now I'd take it off to you. I would be interested to know if hat sales are increasing, decreasing or holding steady? Are we on the verge of a revival or is there a continual decline?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm