Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Instruction sheet: How to organize a footlocker

vintage.vendeuse

A-List Customer
This was taped on the inside lid of an old US army footlocker at a local thrift store. No, I didn't buy the footlocker because the outside had been painted bright green (the inside was still original), the price was $25, and it was missing the tray.
I love II, 2.: "One picture in center of lid. (No pin-ups.)" ;)
But what is meant by "Cardboard will not be used in display" and "DESTROY ALL OTHER COPIES"?
Also, do you think this is an original vintage sheet or something used for reenactment?

footlocker.jpg

Last edited:

Edward Reed

A-List Customer
instead of starting a new thread I thought I would just insert here as I found the post above very interesting as I started to put together my own footlocker for fun. mine is Army air Forces centric as that is the main scope of my collecting. I spent time trying to find original items for it. Turns out it wasn't too difficult but being late to the game a bit pricey these days and much of it is still in France. lol! still waiting on my NOS box of Molle' shave cream but I got my Barbasol just this week. its a bit clumsy and cluttered but it was a lot of fun putting this together and going on the hunt for items for it! some items such as the soap and gum I have in plastic to protect them. probably should have removed them for these photos...
IMG_9374.JPG
IMG_9378.JPG
IMG_9661.JPG
IMG_9663.JPG
IMG_9664.JPG
IMG_9665.JPG
AirCorpsSoapDish8699.JPG

was very lucky to have found a Bayer Asprin tin with the price sticker still on it from Ft. Knox Exchange dated 6/6/42!
bayer1.jpg
simplexsafetyrazor.jpg
wrigleys_8830.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21