Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Hi ton312,

This Brown Cowhide has the same thickness, weight and durability as the Black Comp Weight (Vanson and a couple of other "old skool" companies use this Brown Cowhide on race suits). However, the Brown Cowhide has more grain and a softer feel than the Black Comp Weight...you won't need to break it in as much! We are really excited with how the leather came out and we have more on the way (Model Bs and Model Fs in Brown Cowhide). Stay tuned!
I was going to say, it looks like a broken in comp weight or the stuff they used to put out in the mid 80's. It's very attractive. I like the hidden snaps a bit more too. Is the fit any different? I loved my black one but it was just too tight in the sleeves.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
@Carrie @ Thurston Bros. - which jackets have you done in Natural Vicenza so far? I might be getting something for my upcoming anniversary so I'm crossing my fingers...also looking at that battered Black Steer.

We've had quite a few...here are some of our favorites!

Aero Type 3 Natural Vicenza Horsehide HA7 front.jpg
Aero Buco Board Racer Natural Vicenza Horsehide 42 front.jpg
Aero Type 3 Jean Jacket Natural Vicenza Horsehide 38 front.jpg
Aero Mulligan Natural Vicenza Horsehide front chest pocket flap out.jpg
Aero Aeromarine Natural Vicenza Horsehide front smaller.jpg
Aero Premier Bootlegger Natural Vicenza Horsehide front.jpg
Aero Type 3 Natural Vicenza Size 38 Front FINAL.jpg
Aero Seven Natural Vicenza Horsehide front.jpg
Aero Wayfarer Natural Vicenza Horsehide 38 front.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I was going to say, it looks like a broken in comp weight or the stuff they used to put out in the mid 80's. It's very attractive. I like the hidden snaps a bit more too. Is the fit any different? I loved my black one but it was just too tight in the sleeves.

The fit is the same, but the Brown Cowhide is softer and will feel more flexible (it will also stretch a little more)! If you felt the sleeves were a little tight on the Z150 Gambler, I think this Brown Gambler would be a good option for you.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Catching up from the weekend--a nice stack of Vanson, Aero and Thedi jackets heading out today! No matter where you live, we can get you a great fit, whether it's a custom or off-the-rack jacket!

To learn how to order a custom Vanson jacket, click here--https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-vanson

To learn how to order a custom Aero jacket, click here--https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

To learn how to order a custom Thedi jacket, click here--https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-thedi

www.thurston-bros.com

Pile of shipments Labor Day.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
We've just received another limited run batch of Dark Brown Cowhide jackets--this new batch is the classic Vanson Model B! We have sizes 38-44 in stock and ready to ship. This leather is a perfect match to the Model B...a soft, grainy, deep brown cowhide paired with the classic slim fit of the Model B! We'll be posting a detailed product page soon...

www.thurston-bros.com

Vanson Model B Dark Brown Cowhide front smaller.jpg
Vanson Model B Dark Brown Cowhide back smaller.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk