1. Lounge Update headed your way. Check the thread in the Observation Bar. If you don't like the light style, click the light bulb at the top-right of your screen.

Insurrection / Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Nathan Flowers, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros. Sponsoring Affiliate

Our customer Eric giving his custom Aero RAF a test in the current arctic temps near Chicago! [​IMG]❄️[​IMG]

www.thurston-bros.com

Aero RAF customer fit photo.jpg

2. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Insane grain! Custom Aero Board Racer in Battered Tan FQHH with an olive cotton drill lining. This leather has an incredible amount of character that comes through during the jacket's production! If you'd like to order a custom Aero jacket, inquire about our easy fit jacket process at sales@thurston-bros.com You can read more about our custom Aero process here--https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero Board Racer Battered Tan FQHH XW3 front.jpg Aero Board Racer Battered Tan FQHH XW3 tag.jpg Aero Board Racer Battered Tan FQHH XW3 sleeve zip.jpg Aero Board Racer Battered Tan FQHH XW3 olive drill lining.jpg Aero Board Racer Battered Tan FQHH XW3 back.jpg

AeroFan_07, JMax, Monitor and 2 others like this.
  3. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

The battered tan is so insanely beautiful!! What's it like weight wise in comparison to straight up CXL?

4. The battered tan is indeed now my favorite Aero hide. I would love to have a Bootlegger in that hide ( if I didn't already have a CXL FQHH Bootlegger ...:( ).

5. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

It really is a pretty color, doesn't appear all that often either. Would love to see it in the flesh.

6. For me this leather type finish appears very rustic especially in the tan compared to the seal and the battered title fits. After a little break-in and molding to the body it should look quite remarkable. KY's Teamster was also a perfect fit for this hide.
    HD

El Marro likes this.
  7. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

The Battered FQHH (both Tan and Seal) is a medium weight, like the Vicenza. However, the Battered is a little stiffer (though not nearly as stiff as standard CXL FQHH). The leather samples cannot do justice to the look of the Battered Tan..it's the production process that brings out its beauty!

8. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

AeroFan_07 and ton312 like this.
  9. Doublegun

Doublegun Practically Family

What are the differences between a Board Racer and a Cafe Racer?

Thanks,

Jay

10. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

The Board Racer is a slim fit/straight fit, whereas the Cafe Racer is a traditional "V" fit. The Cafe Racer has wider shoulders and lower arm holes than the Board Racer, which makes the Cafe Racer roomier in the upper body.

11. ChiTownScion

ChiTownScion One Too Many

NICE jacket, Eric! An RAF /Irvin will be my next purchase- if for no other reason than to go with the RAF shearling lined boots I just got.

I'm surviving the same Chicago cold snap in my Aero ANJ-4. Because of Thurston Bros. & Aero, I actually look FORWARD to this weather!

12. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

AeroFan_07 and ButteMT61 like this.
  13. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

ButteMT61 likes this.
  14. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Beautiful!

15. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Very cool custom Aero Cafe Racer in extra heavy Black CXL Steerhide (per customer's request) with a Black Watch tartan! The four-pocket front with angled chest pockets give this style a unique look. We have all types of Aero fit jackets in stock and ready for the fit process...contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to reserve one and start your order!

https://www.thurston-bros.com/pages/custom-aero

Aero Cafe Racer Black CXL Steerhide 9TE front.jpg Aero Cafe Racer Black CXL Steerhide 9TE tag.jpg Aero Cafe Racer Black CXL Steerhide 9TE chest pocket.jpg Aero Cafe Racer Black CXL Steerhide 9TE Black Watch Modern heavyweight tartan.jpg Aero Cafe Racer Black CXL Steerhide 9TE back.jpg

16. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Fantastic custom Aero Sheene in Brown CXL FQHH! The Buchanon Hunting Modern tartan is an in-stock Aero lining and it looks amazing paired with Brown CXL FQHH or Steerhide! If you'd like to get fitted in the Sheene, contact us at sales@thurston-bros.com to inquire about your sizing and reserve a fit jacket for your custom order. You can check out the details on the Aero Sheene here--https://www.thurston-bros.com/products/in-stock-aero-sheene

Aero Sheene Brown CXL FQHH J3D front.jpg Aero Sheene Brown CXL FQHH J3D Buchanon Hunting Modern tartan.jpg Aero Sheene Brown CXL FQHH J3D tag.jpg Aero Sheene Brown CXL FQHH J3D chest pocket.jpg Aero Sheene Brown CXL FQHH J3D back.jpg

AeroFan_07 likes this.
  17. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Beautiful custom Aero Pre-War RAF in Russet shearling! If you were thinking about a shearling jacket this winter and feel like you missed the window for production, consider getting your order in now and being prepared for next year. It is easy to forget about ordering a shearling jacket in June or July (optimal time to custom order for fall delivery), so why not do it while it's still cold ;)? Email us at sales@thurston-bros.com to inquire about the custom process for our Aero shearling jackets.

Aero Pre-War RAF Russet Shearling 44 front.jpg Aero Pre-War RAF Russet Shearling 44 tag.jpg Aero Pre-War RAF Russet Shearling 44 belt.jpg Aero Pre-War RAF Russet Shearling 44 open.jpg Aero Pre-War RAF Russet Shearling 44 back.jpg

Sloan1874, ChiTownScion, MET and 2 others like this.
  18. triple-d

triple-d A-List Customer

Would this by any chance be a size 44 that fits like a 50 tall ??.......

ButteMT61 likes this.
  19. Bfd70

Bfd70 A-List Customer

Then i know what i MUST DO! Fortytwo years in this town and the winters are only getting harder.

ton312 and El Marro like this.
  20. ChiTownScion

ChiTownScion One Too Many

Simply.. beautiful.