Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
marineblue.jpg

Here's the rear view shot:

loverboy-get-lucky-12704.jpg

Sir Jacket

Practically Family
Great thread on Mushmans! What's interesting is that we have been sourcing a beautiful blue full grain cowhide for some new Aero cafe' racers. We eventually settled on the same tannery that Vanson uses for their full grain color cowhides to match some great vintage cafe' racer jackets from our stock! Ken and Wade are also going forward with this blue color in an A-1 jacket, with tan/gold knits...seems like a number of us have been thinking about cool ways to add flair to classic 1920s/1930s designs!

The blue/tan A1 is a beauty. Can't wait to see some worn pics. I hope the jacket retains that dark greeny-blue colour. I could never have predicted I'd wear a blue leather jacket but if the Mephistophelean tempters/temptresses of Aero/Insurrection keep it up, who knows where we'll be.

Would love to seem some more worn pics of the Maxwell, too.

SJ

wdw

One Too Many
Agreed SJ. I reckon a dark greeny blue would be a great alternative to cordovan for those who venture from black and brown.

If it was dark and had the same subtle cordovan-type colour toning I'd definitely go for it.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
The blue/tan A1 is a beauty. Can't wait to see some worn pics. I hope the jacket retains that dark greeny-blue colour. I could never have predicted I'd wear a blue leather jacket but if the Mephistophelean tempters/temptresses of Aero/Insurrection keep it up, who knows where we'll be.

Would love to seem some more worn pics of the Maxwell, too.

SJ

Agreed SJ. I reckon a dark greeny blue would be a great alternative to cordovan for those who venture from black and brown.

If it was dark and had the same subtle cordovan-type colour toning I'd definitely go for it.

The first Aero Blue/Tan A1 will be made from Ocean Blue, which is a dark royal blue and should be appealing to the broadest number of people. However, we also have access to Sky Blue, which is the green-ish blue that Mushmans used. We have access to darker blues and green/blues if individuals are interested, as our tannery offers no less than ten different variations of blue!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
A happy Saturday customer in her "new" 1960s cafe' racer at Insurrection/Thurston Bros.!

VintagewomensBrimacocaferacercustomer_zpsb59da4f2.jpg

The Aero Sheene in black front quarter horsehide!!!

AeroInsurrectionfront11_zps6aff134e.jpg

AeroInsurrectionback11_zps5b0c1fb9.jpg

Aero1930sSlimfitHalfBeltTagDetail11_zps37ebdba5.jpg

Our allotment of custom Aero July production slots is filling up quickly; however, we still have 16 slots available!

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
He was a huge star in Britain during the 70s and 80s, even if you weren't into biking. Was made an MBE, ferchrissakes! Sadly, he died in 2003 of cancer.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
*sorry HD, that wasn't me expressing shock at you not knowing who Barry was, just that they gave the guy one at all. MBE means Member of the British Empire, it's a royal honour handed out by the Queen, a couple of steps below a knighthood. Oddly enough, my main memories of Sheene were photos of him with assorted leggy models and his catastrophic crash. They basically had to pin his legs back together after that, and kind of finished his career.

Last edited:

Worldcup

New in Town
I pulled the trigger on one of those Sheene beauties on Saturday. Can`t wait to get the fit jacket and start the process :D

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
The first Aero Blue/Tan A1 will be made from Ocean Blue, which is a dark royal blue and should be appealing to the broadest number of people. However, we also have access to Sky Blue, which is the green-ish blue that Mushmans used. We have access to darker blues and green/blues if individuals are interested, as our tannery offers no less than ten different variations of blue!

Aero Ocean Blue/Tan A-1 ready for cutting...

A-1leatherandknitstogether_zps006774c2.jpg

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
Oddly enough, my main memories of Sheene were photos of him with assorted leggy models and his catastrophic crash. They basically had to pin his legs back together after that, and kind of finished his career.

On the bike or with the ladies? ;)

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Probably both for a while. It's hard to be a jet setting superstar if every time you go through the metal detector at the airport, you send alarms ringing and have to explain yourself...:D Leggy models get bored easily. Or so I'm told. [huh]

I kinda dig it. Would like to see some shots outside though. It's real close to being too-blue for me, but might age really well and the offsetting colors of the A-1 knits may take away the too much blue thing. Cool jacket for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider