Insurrection / Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Nathan Flowers, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros. Sponsoring Affiliate

This would be no problem...just specify a 23-24 inch body length (as opposed to a 25-26 inch body length) and a 5 inch chest pocket (the current chest pocket is 6 inches). Looks good!

2. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

This is possible--adding larger side panels and making the side straps longer would do the trick!

3. Brando11

Brando11 A-List Customer

Ah, that's great news! I'll get in touch early next week to get the particulars and send it off to you-

Thx-
    -Brando

4. majormajor

majormajor One Too Many

That's great news. Thanks very much, Carrie. Here's a side by side comparison. First Aero design on the left. Modified on the right:

[​IMG]

5. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

There's a real difference in feel between the two. Good work MM!

6. Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

I agree that the picture on the right shows a more historically accurate body length. However, we continually develop designs with longer body lengths to match the modern proportions of our customers' clothing styles and personal preferences. Lower waist lines on jeans make it imperative to get a longer body length to cover the belt line! Original Bucos measure out at 22-23.75 inch body lengths; most customers are uncomfortable with this body length, as it puts the bottom hem of the jacket at their bellybutton. This is why all of our original Bucos sell to collectors, not customers who are actually interested in wearing the jacket. The same is true with our half belts. We elongate the body and arms to accommodate our customers' desires, and a vintage half belt with a 23.5 inch back length and 24.5 inch arms (these are very common measurements for a 1930s half belt) is very tough sell (although it is a beautiful jacket)!

7. Edward

Edward Bartender

Impressive photoshop skills! Well done!

I think I'd probably go with one just a little longer than the original, which I think I'm right in saying is a bit shorter than the Thirties Halfbelt in Aero's production line, as standard? Really interesting new model, though. I adore the Classic Perfecto design, but this is just different enough to sit between that and a D pocket as another variant on the classic MC style - at that one which I don't think I've seen anywhere else as production these days (even D pockets are rare outside of the niche companies like Aero, LW, Real McCoys, etc).

8. So true Carrie.
    I ride alot during the spring..summer...fall and wear leather especially when it's cooler. My preference is for the jacket to always cover my belt and back no matter what jeans/pants I am wearing..plus wrists(which mine do). I like a riding jackets with a vintage appearance..but certainly altered to cover a slightly forward lean and reach to serve it's purpose better for a tall guy.
    HD

9. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Longer body length (and sleeves) is my preference by a country mile. IMO both Carrie and HD are on the money. I HATE jackets that ride up over my belt, whether riding or not. I also HATE short sleeves that makes me feel like I am wearing a jacket with 'stork arms' whether it 'looks' correct or not.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  10. majormajor

majormajor One Too Many

Hi Fanch,

As I said, I think it is perfectly cool for folks to wear longer versions of vintage style jackets, if that is what they prefer. Especially if they ride a bike. Nothing worse, I would imagine, than having your back exposed on a cold, wet ride!

However, I don't ride, and I do wear relatively high-waisted vintage cut jeans. I also, in cold weather, tend to tuck my shirt/tee into my jeans - I reserve the "shirt on the outside" look for no-jacket weather (break out the hawaiians!!). So a vintage length is just as important on a jacket like this as it is on my A2.

The vintage quilted BigSmith denim jacket I'm wearing today barely covers my belt - and it's a high belt!

Luckily, Aero/Insurrection can keep us all happy:D;)

11. pauleway

pauleway Practically Family

That's the long and the short of it, or in this case - the long armed and the short armed of it !!!

12. simonc

simonc Practically Family

This is a early 40's Black Bear trucker jacket that I have you can see how high it sits.
    [​IMG]

13. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

To each is own MM. It's all about personal preference and the way that each of us wants a jacket to fit. In this instance, you and I are both correct and and won't have to put on gloves and engage in jacket warfare. ;) :D lol

14. majormajor

majormajor One Too Many

Here's a pic of FL bartender Dinerman, from the "what are you wearing" thread. A perfectly fitting vintage M/C jacket!:D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  15. majormajor

majormajor One Too Many

Very nice!

16. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

17. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

That Athena poster contract must surely be his by now!

18. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Not to hijack this thread, it looks like Carrie can keep accommodate anyone's preference regarding sleeve/body length.

19. pauleway

pauleway Practically Family

Fanch - You can have all the extra leather they save on my sleeve and body length!!!

20. Fanch

Fanch I'll Lock Up

Pauleway, you've got yourself a deal! :D