Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
Bauhaus, that jacket looks great and appears to fit well. If you were using it for riding, I imagine an action back, one size down, and another 1/2" to 1" more in the sleeves. As is, your CR looks to be the perfect all purpose, go to jacket, and would be the jacket to pull out of the closet for just about anything. Congratulations! :thumb:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
This is light tan contrast stitching. Most of our customers still go with tonal stitching. However, the light tan, cream, and OD green contrast stitching are options that some of our customers opt for...

Have you ever done cordovan with OD green stitching? Would that work or is a case of 'red and green should never be seen together'?

simonc

Practically Family
Yeah mate it has the Olive thread (see button holes too)
TUYtXqZ.jpg

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Have you ever done cordovan with OD green stitching? Would that work or is a case of 'red and green should never be seen together'?

I'm liking your thinking, Simon! Did your Maxwell have OD? Carrie, do you have any examples?

The OD Green stitching looks great with Brown or Black C/X Leather... It looks cool with Cordovan as well, but I don't have any photos to show you...

Xenophon

One of the Regulars
Hmmm, a resounding no on that one from me. Am looking at it sitting in a cab but it makes the model look like the michelin tyres mascotte...few guys around who need to look fatter than they are, me thinks.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk 4

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Aero Fontana Racer in Ocean Blue. We have orders for Aero jackets in Waxy Blue, so, if you're interested, please order soon. We want to get the proper amount of leather to Scotland...

FontanaFront2_zps94139e87.jpg

FontanaBack_zps919e66c7.jpg

FontanaTag_zps675daa93.jpg

Oh wow, missed the blue shots. Lovely hides. For riding, it's a great shade. But for me, I still need darker blue and darker knits. Getting closer. :)
Really nicely done though. Super nice grain on the hides.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Autumn is almost here! Insurrection/Thurston Bros. has only 22 October Aero production slots left available for North American customers...beat the Fall rush and get your custom Aero flight, Aero utility, or Aero motorcycle jacket by late October/early November!

AeroSunburstFrontBrown_zpscf9446b2.jpg

AeroSunburstTagBrown_zps85b71fa3.jpg

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
I wanted to put this incredible Aero J106 up, as I'm in the middle of putting it on our SALE page. Our customer wanted to go with shoulder gussets instead of a full-action back. For those of you who love historical accuracy (most original D-pocket jackets came with full-action backs), this jacket is both a gem and a steal! $1099.99 USD, FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING, Black / Brown Horween C/X Horsehide, Size 40, 26" back, 26" sleeve! This is one of the nicest D-Pocket jackets that we've ever seen!

AeroJ106SaleFront_zps67e99084.jpg

Aeroj106SaleBack_zpse252b6f0.jpg

AeroJ106saledetail2_zpsdae413e9.jpg

AeroJ106Tag1_zps1f6994d5.jpg

AeroJ106Detail_zps3a24d4a2.jpg

AeroJ106Detail1_zps510a27b6.jpg

Last edited:

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Sensational! Would look great with a removable collar too....

or a fur collar

We add detachable fur collars to the J106 and they look great! We place the snaps in the exact same places as Buco did on the original J-24, but with two extra snaps, facing forward, at the back of the neck, exactly like The Real McCoy Japan does on their J-24Ls. This ensures that the fur collar stays nice and neat when affixed to the jacket and being worn. Our fur is sourced out of San Diego, CA and comes in Dark Brown, Mid-Brown, and Light Brown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points