Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thurston Bros. - Official Affiliate Thread

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Good news!

Aero Trade Week was a huge success and Insurrection/Thurston Bros. will, in all likelihood, take on more production slots for North American Aero customers. Effective immediately, this means an increased Aero production allotment for Insurrection/Thurston Bros. for the month of May! Aero is a company that prides itself on Golden-era design AND customer service, and Aero sees Insurrection/Thurston Bros. as an important relationship in extending a high level of customer service to a growing North American Aero client base. This level of customer service means that we offer warranty repairs, alterations, custom fittings, off-the-rack sales, fit guarantee, etc. to our own Aero customers.

In order for Aero production to be efficient and to keep wait times low, our Aero custom orders have to stay within the features that are unique to each Aero jacket style. Standard modifications are Insurrection/Thurston Bros. pattern options, arm length, body length, liner choice, hardware, interior pockets, hide selection and leather color. With 16 new Aero jacket styles just announced (and many more styles in development!), this is an exciting time for Aero, Insurrection/Thurston Bros., and both new and returning North American Aero customers!

SIXTEEN new styles???!!!??? Oh my god, I think I've died and gone to heaven!

Hopefully, when Holly said the new styles would be on the Aero website on FRIDAY, she mean early Friday SCOTTISH time, which would mean just after midnight -- or in less than six hours for those of us on the East Coast!!! I know I'll be online to check!

Nathan Flowers

Head Bartender
Staff member
You'll get to see all of them earlier than that. We'll have a new Fedora Lounge Feature by Craig Brown on the Aero Trade Week up later today.

Here's a taste:
IMG_3453_889x593.jpg IMG_3430_889x593.jpg

cloudylemonade

A-List Customer
SIXTEEN new styles???!!!??? Oh my god, I think I've died and gone to heaven!

Hopefully, when Holly said the new styles would be on the Aero website on FRIDAY, she mean early Friday SCOTTISH time, which would mean just after midnight -- or in less than six hours for those of us on the East Coast!!! I know I'll be online to check!

Yep, we've been hard at work! :)

They'll be up by end of business tomorrow, our website has been frustratingly slow today, so we still have a few finishing touches to put up on the pages tomorrow before we can make them live for you all to see. It'll be worth the wait, and Craig's report should give you more than enough to go on til then....

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Yep, we've been hard at work! :)

They'll be up by end of business tomorrow, our website has been frustratingly slow today, so we still have a few finishing touches to put up on the pages tomorrow before we can make them live for you all to see. It'll be worth the wait, and Craig's report should give you more than enough to go on til then....

Sorry, Miss Calder, but I might have been the cause of that website slowdown ... clicking "refresh" both while at home for lunch and at work where I'm supposed to be, um, working.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Since returning from Aero, I now understand the allure of Japanese leather. Going to be hard to show it pics though, the colouring is just so subtle.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Since returning from Aero, I now understand the allure of Japanese leather. Going to be hard to show it pics though, the colouring is just so subtle.

Who is using Japanese leather, Sloan? I know jackets such as those by the elusive and mysterious Real McCoy are very beautiful, for example. SJ

Do tell more!

Wade talked with Ken for approximately one hour this morning and, although Aero did source some Shinki FQHH, Aero will continue to use predominately Horween C/X FQHH and Steerhide for moto and utility jackets.

Last edited:

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think mine was a bit of a one off, but the pre-production Dustbowl I got was a Ken special made in seal shinki horse, and it's just a completely different beast. :D It's a mid-weight hide, doesn't stand up by itself, so it'll be really interesting to see how it wears in after a couple of months. Will post pics tomorrow.

bretron

Call Me a Cab
I think mine was a bit of a one off, but the pre-production Dustbowl I got was a Ken special made in seal shinki horse, and it's just a completely different beast. :D It's a mid-weight hide, doesn't stand up by itself, so it'll be really interesting to see how it wears in after a couple of months. Will post pics tomorrow.

I am piss jealous, my friend! But you deserve after your stellar review of the collection launch (no wait, that opportunity was a prize in itself. :D )

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Good news!

Aero Trade Week was a huge success and Insurrection/Thurston Bros. will, in all likelihood, take on more production slots for North American Aero customers. Effective immediately, this means an increased Aero production allotment for Insurrection/Thurston Bros. for the month of May! Aero is a company that prides itself on Golden-era design AND customer service, and Aero sees Insurrection/Thurston Bros. as an important relationship in extending a high level of customer service to a growing North American Aero client base. This level of customer service means that we offer warranty repairs, alterations, custom fittings, off-the-rack sales, fit guarantee, etc. to our own Aero customers.

In order for Aero production to be efficient and to keep wait times low, our Aero custom orders have to stay within the features that are unique to each Aero jacket style. Standard modifications are Insurrection/Thurston Bros. pattern options, arm length, body length, liner choice, hardware, interior pockets, hide selection and leather color. With 16 new Aero jacket styles just announced (and many more styles in development!), this is an exciting time for Aero, Insurrection/Thurston Bros., and both new and returning North American Aero customers!

I've received a lot of PMs and I just want to assure everyone that we do ALL Aero styles with every modification that Aero offers!

Beautiful Aero Maxwell, two-pocket design, no yoke, Brown C/X FQHH with Royal Stewart tartan liner.

jlanderson

One of the Regulars
Taking the Sunburst plunge

I couldn't resist that Sunburst from Aero. Called Carrie at Thurston Bros. in Seattle and placed an order for a Sunburst in russet goatskin with Lochcarron tartan (the Anderson Modern, what else?), hopefully on the May production calendar.

She is as nice as Holly to deal with ... plus she's a UVa alum!! Which makes it all the better for me!

Now, the waiting begins ... except it's going to be a whole lot less of one than had I ordered from the factory.

I don't know about any of you out there, but it was like being in Willie Wonka's chocolate factory for me this morning when I was clicking through the photos Holly posted. Those new designs are just stunning ... all of them. Mr. Calder really hit it out of the park.

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/product-detail.php?id=1467

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/photos/51151650cac5cdac_Sunburst Front-500.jpg

Congrats!!!
That's a swell design, as is the two-tone D-Pocket. Gotta think two-tone is in my future...and probably others as well.
Tick tock lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ