Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interest Check - Mister Freedom Road Champs Engineer Boots. Black sz 9.5

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
I'm considering selling a pair of size 9.5 black Road Champs engineer boots from Mister Freedom. No box, no bag but boots in good, lightly used condition (with a little bit of black color that comes off from the strap every time I put them on - not sure what that's about). Consistently sold out, the brown versions on the MF site show a $949 list price (but they are described as "sold out"). MF indicates that new boots will be released in 2022 but you can have this used pair right now.

I'd like $650 net to me (you pay fees and shipping).

If you are interested DM me and I'll send pics.

hd3kmize

New in Town
How's the size 9.5 compare to Brannock size? I'm size 9.5D Brannock. Are the boots horsehide? I had a chance to visit the MF store last month and they were gracious enough to show me the Road Champ prototype boots for 2022 in brown HH. They were amazing! The production boots are supposed to be even better, if they ever get released.

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
I really don't feel qualified to speak to sizing or to contrast these boots to the current offering which I have not seen. I bought them used after trying a few different sizes. I too am a 9.5D as measured on the Bannock device. These fit fine but they are a little wide (which is my experience with all the engineer boots I have tried). I also have a pair of Lofgren boots (the horsehide "Devil's Causeway" boot from Standard & Strange) in a size 9.5 but I'm not sure you can conclude that these run "true-to-size" based on that limited sample. These are not horsehide (and if the new version is a horsehide model for $950 forget about these and order a pair of those).

hd3kmize

New in Town
Thanks for the reply on sizing. I’m afraid these might be too big. I have the JL Devil’s Causeway in size 9 and they fit well. Just hope I can score a pair of the 2022 Road Champs when they are available. Have a nice evening.

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
Some pics:

Attachments

• tempImageed4Zps.png
    tempImageed4Zps.png
    6.8 MB · Views: 168
  • tempImageeiskmq.png
    tempImageeiskmq.png
    7.7 MB · Views: 151
  • tempImageQSXowc.png
    tempImageQSXowc.png
    6.9 MB · Views: 143

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
And expanding the description a bit, I believe that the uppers are vegetable tanned cow hide from Horween. Leather is quite soft, "supple" even (which to some people might be a bit funny seeing as these are engineer boots...).

HorseHide

One of the Regulars
Outside pics

Attachments

• tempImageEn65N6.png
    tempImageEn65N6.png
    4 MB · Views: 124
  • tempImageUoVj0j.png
    tempImageUoVj0j.png
    6.3 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2647.jpeg
    IMG_2647.jpeg