Interesting ebay personality

Discussion in 'Vintage Finds and Deals' started by regius, Mar 19, 2019.

1. regius

regius One Too Many

Found this English seller of some interesting & affordable German, Italian, French & Swedish goatskin coats. But the seller is also quite verbal & funny when it comes to negative feedbacks.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Edward

Edward Bartender

Mn. I'd be wary of dealing with somebody like that, tbh.

Mind you some ebay buyers are a nightmare. Years ago, friends sold a dolls' house jacuzzi. You wouldn't believe how many people - no matter how clearly they labelled it - emailed them asking if the did installation, could they deliver, technical queries about plumbing it in..... Thy even had its actual measurements (smaller than foot tub....).

AbbaDatDeHat likes this.
  3. belfastboy

belfastboy Call Me a Cab

Yes, not sure I would want to do business with the guy but I do admire his willingness to say the unpolitic things that I have often thought and not said out loud. And he is totally unapologetic about it all.

4. Edward

Edward Bartender

Obviously must be enough folks who want to deal with him to keep it going!

belfastboy likes this.
  5. robrinay

robrinay One Too Many

I’m sure I’ve bought from him with no trouble but so long ago I can’t find his feedback to me I follow him on eBay as he has a high turnover of vintage jackets which always seem to be well described and he offers 14 day returns. I think it’s inevitable that some people will be disappointed in which case they should return the item and leave appropriate feedback- nuff said.

6. Metatron

Metatron One Too Many

I knew from the title who this was about. I messaged this seller asking for a detailed description of any wear on a jacket I was interested in. I got something along the lines of ''the jacket is used.'' and when I explained I would like a bit more detail before committing to a purchase he replied '' it's not for you'' subsequently ignoring my messages. So he does have some interesting merchandise, but if he is that passive aggressive in response to a simple query, I can assume that the above is not a case of 'righteous hard working buyer telling it how it is with silly ignorant customers''

ruvort and Edward like this.
  7. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

That's the type of seller to avoided at all costs, afaic.

Everything could go fine, but it's not worth the risk. He talks about a buyer being a keyboard warrior, but he writes in a way that no in-person entrepreneur would speak, face to face. That's a keyboard warrior.

seres, Edward and Metatron like this.
  8. Metatron

Metatron One Too Many

I meant to say: I can assume the above is not a case of 'righteous hard working seller telling it how it is with silly ignorant customers' Sorry, no edit option :p

9. scottyrocks

scottyrocks I'll Lock Up

Yes, this thread does not have an edit option. I wonder why.

10. hatsRme

hatsRme I'll Lock Up

No edit?

11. Claybertrand

Claybertrand Familiar Face

Ok, just my 2 cents here..... I have bought several jackets from this Seller. Admittedly, I have not needed to ask many questions if any regarding condition of the jackets at all. He DOES routinely carry unique and very reasonably priced jackets from Europe mostly. Frankly, I read the complaints and his responses and I don't see any issue other than the strange claims that "revenge" is coming :oops: Lol. Obviously, my own experiences have been positive with this Seller so this may shade my opinion here.

As I see it, he is a total no nonsense, AS-IS Seller. He doesn't go over the top on his descriptions but I have not found them to be misleading per se. One jacket I purchased is 50+ years old and absolutely perfect yet its description was very sparse and didn't tout the condition as being particularly good or bad. His inventory is pretty large and constantly turning over. His photos could be better in some cases. But I DO agree somewhat with the tone he takes--not everyone is understanding of Vintage Clothing and the imperfections and wear that come with buying decades old items that may have been poorly stored. Clearly, many of his offerings are old, used, and likely scavenged from second hand stores in Europe.

He has language on his listings basically offering a fairly generous return policy and he openly states that he is very willing to make a situation right should a buyer be dissatisfied. I think what sets this guy off is when people do not engage him on returns or on giving him the chance to make the situation right and instead resort to leaving Negative Feedback that impacts his reputation as a Seller. He is pretty clear that he will work with Buyers to rectify issues and that there is no need to leave negative feedback because he will do what is needed to fix whatever issues a Buyer has. Its the same as on Yelp where you see complaints that have never been addressed with the Business involved and the Business Owner comes out and says, "Why didn't you tell us about your problem?? We would have done X Y Z...."

Honestly, complaining that a Vintage item smells or has wear marks on it etc. is nit picking IMO. You're buying a very old garment that someone else has owned and worn. Shocker--its not gonna smell like a Nordstrom giftwrapped purchase. If you are dissatisfied Buyer and would rather take to the Internet to post your grievance without ever addressing it with the Seller, that is chickensh*t. One should always act to exhaust all remedial possibilities before resorting to a negative review.

Now if you've gone back and forth with the Seller and he keeps threatening you with impending "REVENGE" and refuses to adequately address a reasonable complaint, then by all means, go ahead and scorch the earth with negative feedback and comments.

Having dealt with him I would say not to judge this seller strictly on the amusing comments posted. I don't even think the OP is putting the Seller down as much as he is drawing attention to the fact that this Seller doesn't sugarcoat anything or take the PC high road when his sales are called into question by buyers who don't seek to rectify their complaints with him prior to going public with them.

As I said, just my 2 cents.

12. mooreorless

mooreorless New in Town

Whilst i agree he does have some interesting items the guy is a complete psychopath, as this video proves.

(ps.. im not the guy who made the video)

13. Claybertrand

Claybertrand Familiar Face

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Holy Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This dude IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!!! Sounds like BrickTop the underworld character in SNATCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol....... (apologies to our Brit mates for my mild stereotyping here)............... He loves dropping his F-Bombs!!!!!!!!!! I have looked up his stated address and its a metal industrial building in Halifax......

FWIW, after my post, I did do a 2 jacket purchase from him and one of the jackets had a major seam failure that would be readily apparent to anyone with eyes. The other jacket was one of his Swedish Goatskin jackets. The Goat was in great condition especially for the price. I complained to him and he said the old, "Well its an old garment not a new one you purchased and this kind of damage SHOULD BE EXPECTED with a garment of this age." I replied, "Yes an old garment. Not a DAMAGED garment. I can reasonably expect musty odors, soiling, and clear signs of wear that come with old clothing and have no problem with those aspects of vintage garments. But I do not expect to have an entire gaping seam undone on the undersleeve. Not every old garment is damaged. This is damaged."

He came back with, "No big deal. Its really just a very simple fix." I said, "Actually, I collect and refurbish leather jackets and quite the contrary--its a relatively costly repair because the jacket lining must be undone and partially removed in order to get to the seam and repair it then the lining must be resewn in. Said repair would cost more than the jacket purchase price. Simply put, I relied on your pictures and description which did NOT state the seam damage or illustrate it. As such, I would like to do a return OR I would propose your offering me a reasonably large discount on a future purchase. I want to give you every chance to make this right."

He said, "Okay fine. On a future purchase, I will work out a special discount just for you. But just the same....such damage should be expected with a garment of this age." (Which I could totally see him saying while cutting himself with a razor blade and just oozing an angry, SEETHING SARCASM)

I now have come to think he really has disrespect for his buyers and that he is in the WRONG business because he clearly can't handle complaints that are certain to come with the items he handles and sells.

Thanks for posting that video to add to this thread. Forewarned is ForeArmed!!

I'll update the thread on whether my proposed STEEP DISCOUNT every materializes.......:cool:

14. mooreorless

mooreorless New in Town

The anger and venom is quite disturbing in my opinion. He seriously needs help