Interesting late 40s? Reversible Half Belt

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by jacketjunkie, Jun 16, 2019.

1. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

I got this a while and longer ago. Unfortunately it was made for someone shorter than me. It fits pretty much perfect in the body (22" PTP, 19" shoulders, 24" backlength, 26" frontlength) though. Maybe a bit wide around the hem. Guess it was made for someone shorter and sturdier than me.

It has some interesting details, such as the flap pockets backed by jeans material, the chest pockets are leather lined. There is no labels in it, I believe it is custom (or in this particular case probably handmade by the owner or some relative) -made. The whole thing looks too specific to be a regular production with the contrasting red stitching and too wonky almost unfinished in some places. This was made to work, not to look fashionable. It's all business, from the straight forward sleeve cuffs to the pocket set-up, to the way the sleeves are attached to the body. In short, I love it. I will have this copied identically with just longer sleeves, I think. Non-reversible though. Will contact Aero, SB, JL about it and see who can help me out here for reasonable pay.

Itook close up shots of the zippers.
    According to the dating talon zippers thread (https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/a-guide-to-dating-talon-zippers-updated-and-revised.79464/), it probably is late 40s making.

IMG_2388.JPG
    IMG_2389.JPG
    IMG_2394.JPG
    IMG_2390.JPG IMG_2392.JPG IMG_2393.JPG
    fp1.jpg fp2.jpg fp3.jpg
    Have a great Sunday everyone!

2. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Nice jacket. The buzz cut suits you as well!