Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interesting late 40s? Reversible Half Belt

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I got this a while and longer ago. Unfortunately it was made for someone shorter than me. It fits pretty much perfect in the body (22" PTP, 19" shoulders, 24" backlength, 26" frontlength) though. Maybe a bit wide around the hem. Guess it was made for someone shorter and sturdier than me.

It has some interesting details, such as the flap pockets backed by jeans material, the chest pockets are leather lined. There is no labels in it, I believe it is custom (or in this particular case probably handmade by the owner or some relative) -made. The whole thing looks too specific to be a regular production with the contrasting red stitching and too wonky almost unfinished in some places. This was made to work, not to look fashionable. It's all business, from the straight forward sleeve cuffs to the pocket set-up, to the way the sleeves are attached to the body. In short, I love it. I will have this copied identically with just longer sleeves, I think. Non-reversible though. Will contact Aero, SB, JL about it and see who can help me out here for reasonable pay.

Itook close up shots of the zippers.
According to the dating talon zippers thread (https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/a-guide-to-dating-talon-zippers-updated-and-revised.79464/), it probably is late 40s making.

IMG_2388.JPG

IMG_2389.JPG

IMG_2394.JPG

IMG_2390.JPG IMG_2392.JPG IMG_2393.JPG
fp1.jpg
fp2.jpg
fp3.jpg

Have a great Sunday everyone!

I got this a while and longer ago. Unfortunately it was made for someone shorter than me. It fits pretty much perfect in the body (22" PTP, 19" shoulders, 24" backlength, 26" frontlength) though. Maybe a bit wide around the hem. Guess it was made for someone shorter and sturdier than me.

It has some interesting details, such as the flap pockets backed by jeans material, the chest pockets are leather lined. There is no labels in it, I believe it is custom (or in this particular case probably handmade by the owner or some relative) -made. The whole thing looks too specific to be a regular production with the contrasting red stitching and too wonky almost unfinished in some places. This was made to work, not to look fashionable. It's all business, from the straight forward sleeve cuffs to the pocket set-up, to the way the sleeves are attached to the body. In short, I love it. I will have this copied identically with just longer sleeves, I think. Non-reversible though. Will contact Aero, SB, JL about it and see who can help me out here for reasonable pay.

Itook close up shots of the zippers.
According to the dating talon zippers thread (https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/a-guide-to-dating-talon-zippers-updated-and-revised.79464/), it probably is late 40s making.

View attachment 173163
View attachment 173164
View attachment 173168
View attachment 173165 View attachment 173166 View attachment 173167
View attachment 173160 View attachment 173161 View attachment 173162
Have a great Sunday everyone!
Nice jacket. The buzz cut suits you as well!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB