Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Intro & Shoe ID & Care Question

Isshinryu101

One Too Many
Hello all. I was lucky enough to come across this really interesting forum not long ago. I've always been a clothing fanatic, but when i saw some of the

nice items the members here were collecting & displaying, I was "re-hooked" on my passion!

I recently purchased these shoes from a consignment shop. I'm extremely happy with them, but am not completely sure what they are.

I know they're from the Santoni FAM collection, but there are a vew "levels" of that collection (or when they were made for that matter).

I believe they are the totally hand-made "Signature" ones. I read on another forum that the serrated edges on the inner sock are one give-away. The Andrea

Santoni signatures in them look to be written in pen, as they are both slightly different (and different from the signatures on the other pair I have) and

the signatures are written horizontally & not vertically in the shoe (I included a pic to show what i mean).

Regardless, They're really great & I got ready to shine them when I noticed that there were quite a few different colors to the leather. I thought they were

a dark brown, but now I see black, light brown, burgundy & medium brown as well. I LOVE the look, but have no idea what color shoe polish to use on them (I

don't want to screw up the coloring).

Thank goodness there's such a great & knowledgable group as this to turn to for advice! Thanks in advance.

Pics:

1:
img4175a.jpg

2:
img4179a.jpg

3:
img4182o.jpg

4:
img4200x.jpg

img4201wv.jpg

All the other Santoni FAM's I've seen have the signature like this:

img3124wa8.jpg

TAKE CARE, ALL!

de Stokesay

One of the Regulars
I have shoes made from a similar colour(s) or leather and use neutral Kiwi polish on them. This will rejuvenate them and not mask the subtle shading in that amazing brown. As long as you keep using neutral shoe polish regularly and don't let them get worn from lack of care, this should be all you ever need.

Good luck,

de Stokesay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot