Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

intro

hatlady

New in Town
Greetings to all 'old souls' and other hat appreciative folk. I have designed and run a traditional millinery in downtown Toronto for 15 years. I am slowly developing a men's line of fine hand blocked classic styles, as well as importing some super fine panama shapes. My passion for hats began when I was a child 'playing dress up' and quite frankly, out of necessity, having grown up waaaayyyy northern Ontario.

I came by my millinery career quite by accident, as the tap dancing class I really wanted to take was full... the rest they say is history.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Welcome to "the place"

I have a couple of questions, since you are a millinary person.

Thread: can you buy left hand twist thread?

Quality: do you find thread and such poorer quality than in the 20's or 40's..?

What kind: of thread do you use to bind the edges of hats?

jimmyfed

New in Town
Welcome hatlady

I'm also new to this place and the world of hats. I just purchased a Fine Panama hat from incabox at ebay ($310). The hat is out of this world and I'm planning to buy several more from diferent vendors. I was going to buy two from Brent Black, but I have a friend who's bought two hats from BB and has advised me to stick with Joe (incabox). My friend loved my panama hat so much that he ordered two from Joe.

Love to see some photos of your panama hats here on the Fedora Lounge.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Dittos, Dittos, and more Dittos. As I said in another post Hatlady, welcome home, we've been waiting for you!! Jimmyfed that goes for you also. Pull up a chair, sit back and enjoy the conversation as all gentlepersons ( is that a word) are welcome.
Cheers

Canadave

One Too Many
For those of you who didn't see her earlier post or didn't make the connection - see that Pork Pie on my noggin over there?
(<-----------)

hatlady made it!

As I've said, I'm very happy with it.

David

Kilgour Trout

One of the Regulars
How far North?

Hey Hatlady: You never mentioned you were from way up North. Where abouts? It may explain why we share the same obsession.

A Fellow Way up Northerner:
Kilgour Trout

PS. Thanks for the Contacts for Tonak lids
I'll try and continue sourcing a Canadian distributor.

farnham54

A-List Customer
Rob has the same question as I do; I'm a Native Red Laker (7 hours North of Thunder Bay) currently residing in Guelph Ontario in school. One of these days, a proper hat-pedition through the GTA is on the list of "things to do", and you've just made that list! Sadly, it is shorter then I would like--but longer then I expected!

Welcome to the lounge!

Regards,

Craig

farnham54

A-List Customer
FINALLY! Someone who says "i'm from the North" who is ACTUALLY from the north!

So many folks down here ask me where I'm from, and I say "Northern Ontario". so they say "Oh yeah, so like Timmins?" :rolleyes:

Anyway, welcome to the lounge.

Regards,

Craig

Phil_UK

New in Town
Hi Everyone

I'm very new here, though I have to confess that I've been reading the threads on here for a while after I stumbled onto the place while doing some research a while ago. I fell in love with the place, so friendly and so me. I'm very new to hats, a real novice. My fiance'e is a hat real hat lover and converted me, it didn't take much:) I'd always wanted to wear hats, but never got up the nerve, if you know what I mean? I don't know I used to look at people wearing hats and think that they wouldn't suit me, even got as far as trying some on, but always fled without a purchase. Then Raine my better half dragged me into a store, forced me to try one on and bought it for me. The rest as they say is history. I now own three hats(just cheap functional, but great to wear) and know that this is only the start. I've always loved what you term here the Golden Age, to me it had and indeed has such warmth and style. I love the music and the fashion. So finding this place really feels like coming home. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Regards Phil

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider