Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

Jauntyone

Practically Family
Salutations fellow fedoraphiles! I joined a while back but have been far, far too busy to do any posting until now. I am an american ex-pat living in France and was bitten by the hat-bug, or more precisely the vintage-style bug, twenty years ago as a young man. I've had many hats, both old and new, over the years and I wear a hat every day. I also wear clean, neatly pressed clothing and well-shined shoes. As you can imagine, this tends to make me stand out a bit from the crowd, though less so here in France than in the States.
I learned of the Akubra brand here on the Lounge and my curiosity was piqued. I recently ordered two hats from Hatsdirect in Australia. The first was a Campdraft, which I received ten days after placing my order. The second hat is the Fedora model which I ordered Sunday before last (Aug. 3rd) and which arrived last Friday (Aug. 8th). Very fast shipping!
I am very happy with the hats, though the Campdraft has much larger proportions than those I am used to. They both responded perfectly to my attempt to "long ovalize" them; they are now exceptionally comfortable. I can add them to the room-full of chapeaux I already possess.
It's a pleasure reading through the posts on this forum and I've learned quite a bit. I don't know that I can add anything to this trove of knowledge but I can at least lend my support. Vive le Lounge!

RBH

Bartender
Welcome J! Glad you joined us. As a Campdraft owner I can tell you that you will soon come to love the 'larger' proportions. To me that is what gives the Campdraft its 'vintage' type feel.
We look forward to some photos of your fine fedoras, and once again welcome!

tortswon

Practically Family
Welcome

Welcome to the Lounge, Jauntyone! As a fellow newbie, I think we all have something to contribute. Good questions are as important as good answers. Enjoy your time here. Best, Sam

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points