Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Invaded! The War of The Worlds

Lenore

Practically Family
Something has crashed in a field in New Jersey...smooth, metal, and cylindrical in shape. About 30 yards in diameter... We go now to Carl Phillips, at the Wilmuth farm, Grovers Mill, New Jersey.

"Ladies and gentlemen (Am I on?). Ladies and gentlemen, here I am, back of a stone wall that adjoins Mr. Wilmuth's garden. From here I get a sweep of the whole scene. I'll give you every detail as long as I can talk. As long as I can see. More state police have arrived They're drawing up a cordon in front of the pit, about thirty of them. No need to push the crowd back now. They're willing to keep their distance. The captain is conferring with someone. We can't quite see who. Oh yes, I believe it's Professor Pierson. Yes, it is. Now they've parted. The Professor moves around one side, studying the object, while the captain and two policemen advance with something in their hands. I can see it now. It's a white handkerchief tied to a pole . . . a flag of truce. If those creatures know what that means . . . what anything means!. . . Wait! Something's happening!"

(HISSING SOUND FOLLOWED BY A HUMMING THAT INCREASES IN INTENSITY)

"A humped shape is rising out of the pit. I can make out a small beam of light against a mirror. What's that? There's a jet of flame springing from the mirror, and it leaps right at the advancing men. It strikes them head on! Good Lord-!"

And it is now, that our circuit breaker trips and the power in my office goes out....

...and I can't stop laughing. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112