Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

iRetrophone

RetroToday

A-List Customer
Very cool.

Would be great to use one of these with an iphone rotary dial app.

[video=youtube;YBLZHZAzWYY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBLZHZAzWYY[/video]

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I can't deciede between this
il_570xN.189755098.jpg

And this
il_570xN.171841082.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Nice - shame they seem to be only for the iPhone. If someone made something like this for my HTC, I'd be very keen.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
Once again, it seems like all the clever accessories for devices are being specifically catered to Apple products. If they made one of these for the Droid phones, maybe I would get one too.

Mr Vim

One Too Many
I took a look a the phone base, it seems the phone is connectec through a Ijack, or USB cable, so wouldn't you just be able to switch the cable? Or am I missing something?

Pompidou

One Too Many
I took a look a the phone base, it seems the phone is connectec through a Ijack, or USB cable, so wouldn't you just be able to switch the cable? Or am I missing something?

I doubt the phone has much in the way of programming inside it so you're probably right. It's probably just a glorified headset. Other phones can make use of many headsets that work on iPhones, so I don't see why this wouldn't work with other phones. You could probably even make your own with an old telephone and a decent headset from Radio Shack - stripping out the meat of the phone and attaching a strategically broken up headset where it matters so that everything connects in the right spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider