1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Iron Heart fit issue

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by sweetfights, Mar 15, 2019.

1. sweetfights

sweetfights One Too Many

I am looking at two or three jackets, denim, by Iron Heart.

I am 185 pounds, 43 inch chest and 32 inch waist. I usually look for sleeve length 26-27 inches.

I am use to Aero, Lost Worlds, Thedi etc. leather jackets. I have no experience with the measurements/fit for the thick denim.

Any fit experience with these??

Help appreciated.

Superblack Non-Fade 21oz Denim Modified Type III

Superblack Non-Fade 21oz Denim Rider's Jacket

ksozay likes this.
  2. ksozay

ksozay Practically Family

No question, their XL is the right size for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ton312 and sweetfights like this.
  3. konadog

konadog A-List Customer

You should contact Iron Heart through their website. They are very helpful re sizing. Great products.

sweetfights likes this.
  4. sweetfights

sweetfights One Too Many

5. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

The measurements do seem really small compared to the reality of fit. Of the two I have (both tagged XL/42”) the over all measurements are a good 2” UNDER my specs for say an Aero. My Lee 101j in superblack is hopefully due tomorrow. I’ll post fit pics and measurement pics in this thread with the others as soon as it arrives. Welcome aboard brother. Brace yo self!

sweetfights and Monitor like this.
  6. AeroFan_07

AeroFan_07 One Too Many

sweetfights likes this.
  7. El Marro

El Marro One Too Many

Sweetfights,
    I have an IH 1946 Lee Riders jacket in size XXXL and it is probably the trimmest fitting garment I own. I wear a size 44 Aero Bootlegger which seems loose by comparison. Denim is certainly a more forgiving fit than leather, so I think you can probably go a little tighter then you are accustomed to.
    I wish my IH was a skosh bigger to be honest, this was the jacket that I tried on in January and realized right away that I had had far too many cookies and festive meals throughout the holidays.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    sweetfights and Monitor like this.
  8. sweetfights

sweetfights One Too Many

thank you......

9. Psant25

Psant25 One of the Regulars

10. GregO

GregO One of the Regulars

Yes, contact them through the site. I've interacted with Adam a bunch recently, and he is very helpful, but I think all the IH people are customer-service oriented. I just received a 526J-142od, and the fit is perfect -- but here's the backstory:

The jacket I ultimately got is a 14 ounce overdye. I was originally going to go with the 19 ounce overdye (and actually ordered and paid for it), but after talking to Adam via email (super responsive - return emails within 20 or 30 minutes EVERY time), we determined that the sizing on the 14oz would work better for me. If you're a first-time customer, they follow up individually with you via email to chat about sizing after you place an order. So Adam switched up my order, refunded the small difference, and had it shipped out within an hour. And shipping from the UK to my doorstep on the east coast was 4 days -- nice. And free.

Also, super important to note -- they are willing to measure each jacket in your contemplated size they have in stock to see which might work best for you. There are variations within a size (they average the measurements of multiple jackets to determine the sizes they post on the measurements charts) that are up to an inch.

Anyway, the experience with IH is so good that I just ordered my third IH jacket -- the 69 corduroy in Ivory.

Good luck with the 21 ounce stuff. That's crazy burly denim...those jackets actually creak like thick, old ropes. My 14 ounce even creaks! The 21 oz denim is like breaking in CXL FQHH.

Anyway, IH is first rate. Their Type 3s are wicked cool, especially after you get one on you that fits.

I'll also add that I love Type 3s, and have a bunch (way too many if you ask my significant other)...got an Aero Type 3 last month through Thurston Bros. in battered steer hide. I've been meaning to post fit pics...I'll get on that this weekend.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
    Boyo and Monitor like this.
  11. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

Here are three different models all in a size XL (42”)
    526PJ:
    18.5” shoulder
    22.5” chest
    26” sleeve
    25.5” back
    A84216ED-065F-48A4-8051-F60E02B0C8C6.jpeg 35974512-03B9-430A-ABA2-F19FCF1C5B4E.jpeg 50AC0FAC-EF3B-4965-A17F-8AF2F2BAA256.jpeg
    Super Black 101j
    19.5” shoulder
    22.25” chest
    27.25” sleeve
    26” length
    167F19D1-02C6-4CA8-B99A-688D36EE3F57.jpeg
    DABA3B4F-611F-4A0B-BACB-449D1FC14363.jpeg
    54F6BE57-CF49-4B29-92B5-F64B34907763.jpeg
    IHJ-77
    20” shoulder
    23.5” chest
    27” sleeve
    27” length
    A4DCE857-4488-4B3E-9DE0-4461C09B7A62.jpeg
    EC560315-D3CF-4407-B186-342E654F17DB.jpeg
    B60A2238-3962-4764-9CAC-D03B6415E46E.jpeg
    I can layer a thick hoody under each one. I cannot button the 526 but I can button the 101 with the same sweatshirt despite the apparent smaller size. The 77 is super boxy and easily allows for layers but despite the numbers actually feels the tightest through the shoulders.

navetsea, ProteinNerd, Boyo and 2 others like this.
  12. ksozay

ksozay Practically Family

Wow! The fit on the 526j looks custom made for you. I’ve rarely seen a fit that spot on with an IH denim jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ton312 likes this.
  13. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

That jacket is the pick of the liter. I’m happy with the 101 minus the sleeve diameter. On the fence with the 77. It’s just kind of OK.

14. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

My 526PJ, size 38 or M. 21.something" chest, 25" sleeves, 24" back. According to these numbers, I shouldn't be able to even button it but I can actually wear it over a hoodie. Relatively comfortably at that. I've got a sz. 40 as well which realistically is what I should be wearing in IH and objectively, it does fit me better but I really love this 38.

These jackets don't stretch and are as stiff as CXL HH when new, but they're somehow more forgiving than what the size chart would indicate. I definitely wouldn't size up in this 21oz Type-3 style.

But most importantly, what @GregO said - IH customer support is absolutely brilliant. And yeah, you can ask them to find you a jacket within your size range that'd fit you best as the variation between jackets in the same size can be quite drastic. Talk to them, they'll sort you out.

[​IMG]

navetsea, ProteinNerd, Boyo and 2 others like this.
  15. Psant25

Psant25 One of the Regulars

Wow ton that jacket fits you perfect!

16. Bfd70

Bfd70 Practically Family

This 100%
    Top notch service. They recognize that despite posting measurements for their garments that some come in a little bigger and some smaller. If for instance you were between 2 sizes they will often take hand measurements of the exact garment they would ship.

Oops, got excited and more or less repeated everything Grego And Monitor said. I didnt take the time to read. My bad.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  17. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

It’s absolutely worth mentioning that IH did confirm hand taken measurements on each of the two I ordered from them and they were shipped UPS Express and were delivered in 3 days from the UK to Chicago. Customer service is absolutely top tier.

ProteinNerd and Boyo like this.