1. Thread galleries are live! Please let us know what you think of them in the thread in the Observation Bar.

Is it normal or defective?

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by HawaiiShrimp, Aug 10, 2018.

1. HawaiiShrimp

HawaiiShrimp New in Town

Bought a SCHOTT NYC Cowhide Café Leather Jacket 530.

Please take a look at the blemishes, could you please take a look if this is normal or defective? Thank you!

20180810_092017.jpg 20180810_112546.jpg

2. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

Did you buy this new or used? Because I can't see anything on that jacket that looks like more than signs of very gentle wear?

3. Guppy

Guppy One Too Many

Completely normal. I don't really see a problem, to be honest. A little cleaning and buffing, maybe, if you're really bothered by it.

Monitor likes this.
  4. HawaiiShrimp

HawaiiShrimp New in Town

This is new

5. ton312

ton312 I'll Lock Up

I see some light spots in the the close up shot. I'd say if it bothers you, send it back. Schott has customer centered return policy so if you aren't happy then sending it back is no problemo.

Sloan1874 likes this.
  6. Carlos840

Carlos840 One Too Many

Have you tried rubbing it with a damp cloth, it might just be dust or goop.
    It takes a lot to stain leather.

7. Jeremiah

Jeremiah A-List Customer

um, gonna have to strongly disagree with this.

A more correct statement would be, some leathers resist staining better than others. This all comes down to what finish is used (aniline, semi-aniline or pigment finish) as well as what tanning methods were used (veg or chrome).

8. Monitor

Monitor I'll Lock Up

Normal, though that's one word that should be avoided when it comes to leather as no two hides are alike and comparing one against the other is a very naive and ultimately harmful thing to do.

The other jacket may not have these blemishes but that won't make it any more normal.