Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is the Lounge getting a bit.... slooooooow?

Starius

Practically Family
Is it just me, or has the Fedora Lounge board been getting rather slow lately? Even grinding to a complete halt a couple times with internal database errors?

I don't know about you, but I'm addicted to the forum enough that I grow gravely concerned when the health of the system is in question....

Kishtu

Practically Family
No, I got a couple of internal error messages the other day, which then sorted themselves out - but I've had the little exclamation mark thing on the corner of the screen (you know the one that says "done but with errors" - techo-Kit, that's me) for weeks. In all the computers I've used - two laptops and a PC, in three different locations...

Spitfire

I'll Lock Up
Kishtu said:
No, I got a couple of internal error messages the other day, which then sorted themselves out - but I've had the little exclamation mark thing on the corner of the screen (you know the one that says "done but with errors" - techo-Kit, that's me) for weeks. In all the computers I've used - two laptops and a PC, in three different locations...

Same here![huh]

K

kpreed

No problems here with the Lounge, but I have noticed the whole internet this week is a bit slower then normal.

BakingInPearls

One of the Regulars
No problems here on the couple computers that I have been on. Hopefully technology will straighten up and everything will be kosher.

:eek:fftopic: Dominic I love your user picture, it's so darn cute and funny!

Starius

Practically Family
I'm running firefox too. Though, I've been running it for a month, with at least 10 tabs open at all times (Fedora Lounge being one of them... sometimes 2 or 3 of them) without closing the browser down.... so I just restarted firefox to see if that would help. None of my other sites were slowing down which is why I thought it was just the lounge, but perhaps my browser cache was hoarking up my lounge experience. The page results do seem to be loading faster for me now that I've restarted firefox.

I couldn't figure out why it was reporting a page generation of 0.02 seconds yet took 40 seconds for the results to display fully.

I suppose I should reboot the entire computer one of these days.

Bebop

Practically Family
I have not noticed any change in speed. At first I thought you might be talking about subject matter being a little slow. That, I have noticed getting slower. But that's another story. :)

cooncatbob

Practically Family
Yesterday when I tried to get on the site I got a page saying the sever was down and to try again later. It looked like a web hyjacker so I ran Spybot SD and then I was able to load the site.
Bob.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
It smokes 24/7

No issue here folks. I do use FireFox...but that shouldn't matter. My internet is a DSL/Linksys Router. Smoking hot. So is the wonderful Lounge:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Around 9-11PM Pacific a couple nights ago, I and a few other Loungers were getting "database errors" every time we tried to do anything except PM. Which I thought was rather odd for PM to still be up, usually vBulletin-powered boards go down all at once, at least from my experience...

S

Samsa

I received an error yesterday, and was unable to access any part of the Lounge. I forget what time it was (I'm here so often it's scary). But such errors are few and far between, especially considering the amount of time that I am here.

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've gotten ALL of the above problems lately. I've noticed these problems to some degree in the past at various times and have just shrugged it off as FL server pecidillos and they cleared up. This time it does seem a bit longer though.

I have actually found that the whole internet can slow down at times since 1991 when we had 2,400bps modems. I makes no difference if you have dial up, DSl or cable it is possible for the whole web to be lethargic for days on end or for just an afternoon. Traffic seems to make the difference. There may be something to individual ISPs that flow smoother than others at times too.

vonwotan

Practically Family
Knock on wood!

Fortunately I have not exprienced any errors or slowdowns. Are these perhaps, signs of the FL's success? An active board with a lot of material showing some growing pains?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana